Wiki Posts
Search

CO chase 50,000 miles no 1st year fee

Search this Thread

Old Jan 26, 2011, 9:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 1M
Originally Posted by philemer
Ya, forgetta about it. Seriously. I'm in the same boat.
Darn, I keep telling my folks not to apply for 25K cards so that they can apply for specials and here I go doing just the opposite. I thot that since CO will merge this might be the last chance to another 30K UA.
Old Jan 26, 2011, 9:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by philemer
Ya, forgetta about it. Seriously. I'm in the same boat.
Darn, I keep telling my folks not to apply for 25K cards so that they can apply for specials and here I go doing just the opposite. I thot that since CO will merge this might be the last chance to another 30K UA.
Old Jan 26, 2011, 9:17 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, DL plat
for some kinds of reason, my application did not get instant approval.

Does anyone know if there are any Chase Phone number I could follow up with this application? This is a great deal and I do not know I will miss it. Thanks.
Old Jan 26, 2011, 9:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by dj1000

Does anyone know if there are any Chase Phone number I could follow up with this application? This is a great deal and I do not know I will miss it. Thanks.
were you expecting instant approval? Most ppl don't get it.
Old Jan 26, 2011, 9:20 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA EP, UA 1K, DL GM, Tumlare Bussresor Super Class
Originally Posted by UA Fan
I would not apply for this. Last yr my wife got the 50K card.
According to the thread in the UA forum, some people get the 50k, triple mile, no first year fee when they log in, while others (like me) only see a 30k, triple mile, no fee offer. Should I wait and hope that I will get the 50k offer in the future, or should I take the current offer before it disappears? Decisions, decisions...
Old Jan 26, 2011, 9:23 pm

Programs: Skymiles, AAdvantage, MileagePlus, Emerald Executive, Priority Club
Originally Posted by Quaker325
Any way to tell the expiration date for this offer? Any chance it will still be in effect on February 1 when Mileathon starts or is it likely to expire on January 31?
Good question. I don't think it's worth the risk waiting until 2/1 and losing the 50k deal for an extra 2500. Is there a way to find out of there is an expiration date on the offer?
Old Jan 26, 2011, 9:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Vunder31
According to the thread in the UA forum, some people get the 50k, triple mile, no first year fee when they log in, while others (like me) only see a 30k, triple mile, no fee offer. Should I wait and hope that I will get the 50k offer in the future, or should I take the current offer before it disappears? Decisions, decisions...
Do you have lots of UA spend coming up? If no, I don't see anything special in the 30K UA offer. Might as well wait it out. Now that Chase does not print miles, they will feel the need to get rid of the vast chunks they bought and will come with a special in my opinion. CO/UA/BA/PC have had specials.
Old Jan 27, 2011, 9:46 am

Programs: ECExec, SPGTitanium,, UAPlat
Originally Posted by thepointsguy
Looks like its open to everyone. Application link.
Must be targeted offer, not offered for me
Old Jan 27, 2011, 10:38 am

Programs: UA Gold, CO Plat, CO Million Miler
Man, am I confused by all of the different Chase cards and competing offers. I received the 50,000 mile offer for a Presidential Plus card in the mail today. But here's my problem, as a small business owner, I've been very happy with an AMEX Plat card for business expenses and an AMEX Gold for personal expenses. The main things that I like and my questions are:

1. No interest charges. This appears to be unobtainable with Chase, except for INK Bold, correct?

2. Hertz Gold membership though the Plat card. Do any Chase cards besides the personal Presidential Plus card give Avis President's Club membership? What about the Business Presidential Plus card?

3. Membership miles TRANSFERABLE to Continental. Is this the case for all Chase cards that earn points?

4. Continental Lounge Access. I can get this with any Chase "Presidential" card, correct?

5. Both Amex cards can credit to the same Membership Miles Account. Will this be the case with two Chase cards?

Thanks for any help.
Old Jan 27, 2011, 11:22 am

Programs: UA 1K, CO Pres? Plat, Marriott Plat, Hilton, Avis, Hertz
1. As long as you pay in full every statement cycle, there is no interest
2. Do any Chase cards besides the personal Presidential Plus card give Avis President's Club membership?Don't think so except for...
What about the Business Presidential Plus card?...this one.
3. Miles are automatically transfer to continental. Some of the chase cards that earn points can be used for travel, but not transferred to miles
4. President club membership is only with the Pres Plus. A few of the continental cards give 2 passes on anniversary date.
5. Yes
Old Jan 27, 2011, 11:41 am

Programs: DL Gold, CO Gold, UA Gold, US Gold, SPG Gold, AA, AMEX Plat, PC Plat
Originally Posted by kb1992
Has anyone who already has CHASE CO credit card been approved for this card with bonus miles?
I have Chase United, Chase Amtrak and just got my Chase Continental for the 30K... Does anyone have a marketing contact that I can email and request the extra 20K? Thanks!
Old Jan 27, 2011, 12:05 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA silver, Hyatt PLT, AA EXP, US silver, ICH RA, CO PLT
Originally Posted by dj1000

Same here, I would likde to know the number to call, I remember seing it in the BA thread but too long to go through...
Old Jan 27, 2011, 12:14 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA silver, Hyatt PLT, AA EXP, US silver, ICH RA, CO PLT
Got it to check on application status:
1800.945.2006 then press #,2, 1 and then your SSN!
Old Jan 27, 2011, 12:34 pm

Programs: Starwood Gold née Platinum; AA Plat.
Decided to bite the bullet and apply now, rather than risk missing our in order to score 2,500 after Feb. 1 (since I don't have any other CO earning options on the horizon). Was approved instantly.
Old Jan 27, 2011, 12:36 pm

Originally Posted by david-alexis
Got it to check on application status:
1800.945.2006 then press #,2, 1 and then your SSN!
Called this number, it asked for your existing account number.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.