CO chase 50,000 miles no 1st year fee

Old Feb 17, 2011, 7:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, UA Silver, dirt elsewhere
My husband received an email to apply and get the 50k miles and first year fee free. He was approved at application and the card showed up in the mail 6 days later.

Easiest 50k miles he ever earned
Old Feb 17, 2011, 10:00 am

Programs: UA Gold, Marriott Gold Elite, CZR 7*, MGM Plat
Chase just responded more favorably now that I asked them to cancel the card. Now they are offering to exchange the $50 statement credit for 20,000 miles. That gets me to 45,000 miles. If I want the full 50k I need to add another authorized user. There is no one in this world I would authorize, so I guess I am going to come up 5,000 miles short.

I am pleading for the full 50k, but figure it is a long short and I'm going to have to be happy with 45,000. Not that bad of an outcome.
Old Feb 17, 2011, 10:02 am

Programs: IC Royal Ambassador, Hyatt Diamond
Typically you don't need to add a social to authorized user. Add your dog.
Old Feb 17, 2011, 10:36 am

Programs: UA Plat, SPG Plat, DL Silver
Originally Posted by hughw
Man, am I confused by all of the different Chase cards and competing offers. I received the 50,000 mile offer for a Presidential Plus card in the mail today. But here's my problem, as a small business owner, I've been very happy with an AMEX Plat card for business expenses and an AMEX Gold for personal expenses. The main things that I like and my questions are:

1. No interest charges. This appears to be unobtainable with Chase, except for INK Bold, correct?

2. Hertz Gold membership though the Plat card. Do any Chase cards besides the personal Presidential Plus card give Avis President's Club membership? What about the Business Presidential Plus card?

3. Membership miles TRANSFERABLE to Continental. Is this the case for all Chase cards that earn points?

4. Continental Lounge Access. I can get this with any Chase "Presidential" card, correct?

5. Both Amex cards can credit to the same Membership Miles Account. Will this be the case with two Chase cards?

Thanks for any help.

1. You don't pay interest becuase Amex requires you pay in FULL every month, therefore no interested is charged. If you paid in full for your Chase card it would be the same.

3. and 5. miles would go directly to yoru continental account. Note your Amex will loose this ability in September.

4. this is either of the presidential cards.
Old Feb 17, 2011, 12:55 pm

I had a One Pass card last year that I got 25,000 bonus miles for. I canceled in December to avoid paying the $85 annual fee for 2011.

I got an email from Chase a few weeks ago for the 50,000 bonus miles, so I reapplied just to see what would happen. I was approved and the card came in the mail today, but the included paperwork doesn't say anything about bonus miles.

Does anyone else know if their bonus miles were described in the paperwork? I wonder if I should call and ask them if I am approved for miles, or just wait and see what happens.
Old Feb 17, 2011, 4:40 pm
In memoriam

Originally Posted by ramalama8
Sorry, I guess I should have clarified. If you book a 25,000 miles domestic award ticket and pay for the $5 fee with your CO CC, is your first bag free? The poster I quoted said that his was and I was asking for further confirmation.
No problem - but I don't know the answer. The last flight I booked on CO a month or so ago was a paid domestic flight - get free checked bags because I charged the whole thing on my CO Mastercard. And the last 3 or 4 flights on CO were like that - or BF reward tickets - not economy (where I got the free bags too). Robyn
Old Feb 17, 2011, 9:39 pm

Programs: United: LifetimeGold, Marriott: Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt:Globalist, Hilton:Diamond, IHG:Diamond
You can add any name (make something up if there is nobody) to your account and cut the card after you receive it.
Old Feb 17, 2011, 10:30 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott LT Titanium, Avis Chairman
Originally Posted by tymoore
I had a One Pass card last year that I got 25,000 bonus miles for. I canceled in December to avoid paying the $85 annual fee for 2011.

I got an email from Chase a few weeks ago for the 50,000 bonus miles, so I reapplied just to see what would happen. I was approved and the card came in the mail today, but the included paperwork doesn't say anything about bonus miles.

Does anyone else know if their bonus miles were described in the paperwork? I wonder if I should call and ask them if I am approved for miles, or just wait and see what happens.
I'm fairly certain the paperwork that comes with your card isn't going to say anything about it - in all of the credit cards I've gotten that have had sign up bonuses, I can't recall any of them having paperwork that states that I'll get a certain number of miles with my first purchase. It's all about the promotion you signed up under.

If you got the letter and signed up under the promo, I'd bet you'll get the miles.
Old Feb 17, 2011, 11:36 pm

Programs: MileagePlus 1K, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Titanium/Lifetime Plat
Originally Posted by ramalama8
I'm fairly certain the paperwork that comes with your card isn't going to say anything about it - in all of the credit cards I've gotten that have had sign up bonuses, I can't recall any of them having paperwork that states that I'll get a certain number of miles with my first purchase. It's all about the promotion you signed up under.

If you got the letter and signed up under the promo, I'd bet you'll get the miles.
I would not be so sure. Isn't it the case that if you have ever received a sign-up bonus in the past (irrespective of the size of the bonus), you will not receive it again for the same type of card? That is what the Chase CSR told me...
Old Feb 18, 2011, 9:19 am

Programs: UA Gold, Marriott Gold Elite, CZR 7*, MGM Plat
Originally Posted by tymoore
There was no documentation about miles when I got my card the other day. When I called to activate they told what miles I would be getting.
Old Feb 18, 2011, 10:47 pm

Programs: Northwest, United
Is there a Business variant OPP card for 50K?

I already have a personal OnePassPlus MC - got it in the spring of 2010 (shortly after the merger was approved, I think). That one only yielded 25k or 30k miles, which was OK but obviously ain't as lucrative as the current offer of 50k.

I was wondering if there's a (separate) business card variant of this same offer. If so, I'd probably jump at it (for my nwflyboy industries consulting inc business ).

Anybody know if there's an option to do a business card with a similar offer? I haven't applied for a Chase card since last July, and I figure I'm due.
Old Feb 19, 2011, 1:11 pm

Programs: Lotz
Originally Posted by nwflyboy
I already have a personal OnePassPlus MC - got it in the spring of 2010 (shortly after the merger was approved, I think). That one only yielded 25k or 30k miles, which was OK but obviously ain't as lucrative as the current offer of 50k.

I was wondering if there's a (separate) business card variant of this same offer. If so, I'd probably jump at it (for my nwflyboy industries consulting inc business ).

Anybody know if there's an option to do a business card with a similar offer? I haven't applied for a Chase card since last July, and I figure I'm due.
Some people calling or messaging have gotten the bonus matched to the 50K offer as far as 9 months back.

Chase biz card promos s**k. CO one is 30K with fee. Only the Southwest One has identical biz/ personal offers like Citi and AmEx do.

Beware those getting additional cards with phoney SS#'s. SPG just phoned me because 1 digit was wrong on an additional card SS#. Homeland Security/ Big Brother is watching.
Old Feb 19, 2011, 8:25 pm

Programs: SPG Platinum, Hilton Gold, Emirates Gold
Got the full 50,000 miles credited to my OP account today - thanks Chase!
Old Feb 19, 2011, 11:50 pm

Programs: UA 1K, CO Pres? Plat, Marriott Plat, Hilton, Avis, Hertz
Originally Posted by jessyiniowa
Got the full 50,000 miles credited to my OP account today - thanks Chase!
When did you get and use your card?
Also, how long can I expect it to take for the daypasses and the discount coupons?
Old Feb 20, 2011, 12:26 pm

Programs: UA AA DL
Originally Posted by thepointsguy
Looks like its open to everyone. Application link.
My wife got the OnePass Plus Card approved within 60 seconds of her application today. We are excited to wait for the card arrival. - thanks the pointsguy!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.