Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Early Check In For CO 85

Search this Thread

Old Jan 26, 2011, 8:56 am

Originally Posted by joshwex90
Do they only do the Tel Aviv area, or they also in Jerusalem?
I assume they serve the entire country, subject to availability.
I would call and ask.
Old Jan 26, 2011, 9:41 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by joshwex90
JohnnieZ said that they could be cheaper heading to the airport (if empty) as they're heading there anyway. I once took a taxi from Natbag to the Old City, inside the Rova itself (to Yeshivat Hakotel), 3 people, lots of bags...NIS 220 (August 2009). So coming from Katamon, just 1 person and 2 bags, I'd imagine it'd be less than that. Although Nesher is a much better deal, I just can't deal with them and prefer to spend a little extra money this one time (usually I don't need a cab to the airport) for the convenience.
Also, when did Nesher go up? It used to be 50 shek..
as the shek gets stronger and gas goes up so does Nesher among other things. Fir yrs all 1 had to do is give the driver $9 US and today thats maybe 1/2 the 1 way fare

August '09 was ages ago a cab from Jerusalem to TLV used to be $30 not any more. The main problem is I wouldnt want to be on some street corner hoping to find a TA cab heading back empty when I have to get to TLV for a flight unless Im standing out there a good 24 hours before I need to be at TLV = a person cant bank on finding a cab heading back empty to TLV

If a person has the time and is traveling alone Nesher is a very sweet deal for the savings
Old Jan 26, 2011, 10:04 am

Originally Posted by craz
a person cant bank on finding a cab heading back empty to TLV
You don't have to stand and wait: you call and reserve a cab for a specific time.
Old Jan 26, 2011, 10:35 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by JohnnieZ
You don't have to stand and wait: you call and reserve a cab for a specific time.
that wouldnt be bad , but why would they take a booking say for tomorrow @ 3pm w/o knowing if in fact they will have a cab going to Yeru that will have to go back empty? If they take that booking then they might need to send an empty cab just to get the person

since Im usually traveling alone its been yrs since I availed myself of using a cab, I usually have a rental car or use Nesher $15 sounds alot better then $65 for an extra hour tops of driving around. # of us Id go cab 2 not sure depends who the 2nd person is
Old Jan 26, 2011, 11:01 am

but why would they take a booking
Because they already know, based on their usual pattern, where and when they send cabs with incoming passengers. It's better for the cabbie to wait 30 minutes for you then go back empty and wait in line again to pick an incoming passenger.
I assume they wouldn't take a booking for a place they rarely, if ever, send cabs with incoming passengers.
Old Jan 26, 2011, 11:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA, LY, BA, AA
as the shek gets stronger and gas goes up so does Nesher among other things. Fir yrs all 1 had to do is give the driver $9 US and today thats maybe 1/2 the 1 way fare

August '09 was ages ago a cab from Jerusalem to TLV used to be $30 not any more. The main problem is I wouldnt want to be on some street corner hoping to find a TA cab heading back empty when I have to get to TLV for a flight unless Im standing out there a good 24 hours before I need to be at TLV = a person cant bank on finding a cab heading back empty to TLV

If a person has the time and is traveling alone Nesher is a very sweet deal for the savings
2 friends recently went from German Colony, 4 large bags, 250 shek. But it was a special taxi ride, some special deal this guy "Shloimy" offers from Har Homa, to Natbag.

that wouldnt be bad , but why would they take a booking say for tomorrow @ 3pm w/o knowing if in fact they will have a cab going to Yeru that will have to go back empty? If they take that booking then they might need to send an empty cab just to get the person

since Im usually traveling alone its been yrs since I availed myself of using a cab, I usually have a rental car or use Nesher $15 sounds alot better then $65 for an extra hour tops of driving around. # of us Id go cab 2 not sure depends who the 2nd person is
So you wanna drive me in your rental car Unfortunately, I don't really have the time for Nesher. When I was in the Old City, I know that Nesher was always first there, which meant no hassle getting in, but a long ride before reaching Natbag. It was great getting there to wait for the Nesher, and seeing a bunch of people, which meant the ride would be significantly shorter.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.