Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Continental OnePass (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

Green-shirted Plat pitches fit at SFO 1/12. Was it you?

Green-shirted Plat pitches fit at SFO 1/12. Was it you?

Old Jan 13, 11, 2:39 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA Prem, DL Plat, CO Plat, Torrid Diva,Rascal House (free cookies!), TWA Ambassador 183506503
Cool Green-shirted Plat pitches fit at SFO 1/12. Was it you?

Not sure what the issue was, but if the aforementioned fit-pitcher would care to share what happened; in the name of detailing the flaw in service or exposing a pitfall for the road warrior, it would be fondly appreciated I am sure.
Old Jan 13, 11, 8:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 2MM; AS MVP Gold 75K
Could not have been a CO Plat. They've been saying on this board that CO customers are the nicest, most respectful bunch, so this sort of thing COuld never have happened.

It must have been a 1K.
Old Jan 13, 11, 8:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K, BA Silver, Accor Plat, Marriott Gold, Carlson Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by channa View Post

It must have been a 1K.
No, a GS. But youre right, certainly not a Continental Elite.
Old Jan 13, 11, 8:51 am

When and where was this fit of angry done?

I was working yesterday, at the gate area, and the only thing I heard about was a 1K getting angry at another gate agent.
Old Jan 13, 11, 9:05 am

Programs: UA 1K
I'm sure last night (and tonight) saw a fair share of DYKWIA's given the large JPM HC conference finishes up today in san fran. Between the conference and the mid week storm cancelling a day's worth of flights, even paid F/C was tough to get on the redeye (I was waitlisted on CO,UA,AA, and I think DL and ended up taking the AA after it cleared earlier that day). I'd be shocked if the upgrade list on the CO flight wasn't >50 or even 75 deep.
Old Jan 13, 11, 9:14 am

Programs: UA 1P, CO Plat, MR Plat, SPG Plat, US Dirt
Must have been a mike_asia sighting only it was his assistant doing the yelling for some trivial reason.
Old Jan 13, 11, 9:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: The Airline Run by Doug P
Originally Posted by USFreak View Post
Must have been a mike_asia sighting only it was his assistant doing the yelling for some trivial reason.
I was wondering where he was lately lol
Old Jan 13, 11, 10:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by sfogate View Post
I was working yesterday, at the gate area, and the only thing I heard about was a 1K getting angry at another gate agent.
Given the delta in service levels I've experienced between both CO and UA as Plat and 1K respectively, this does not surprise me.
Old Jan 13, 11, 11:39 am

Programs: CO Plat, UA 1P, AA Plat (status matched)
It must have been a 1K.
Don't worry, it won't take long for all the 1Ks to have their expectations reset by CO.
Old Jan 13, 11, 1:05 pm
Suspended

Location: Tucson, AZ, USA. UA 1K, reluctant but * best in class * DL FO/MM. Former BA jumpseat rider and scourge of Dilbertian management and apologists. As LX might - and do - say: "....an experienced frequent flyer of international airlines"
Given the delta in service levels I've experienced between both CO and UA as Plat and 1K respectively, this does not surprise me.
I'm glad you didn't write "given the service levels OF DL"...

For UA/CO I hope we migrate towards 1K-quality service as the merged entity begins to coalesce.

Although, last night at the LAX RCC, the agent was complimentary of what she described as the "training" of the CO elites in presenting pic ID as well as PC cards. Apparently the UA 1K aren't "as well trained."
Old Jan 13, 11, 1:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by redtailshark View Post
I'm glad you didn't write "given the service levels OF DL"...

DL has been fantastic over the past six months or so. Since the inception of SkyPriority, DL has really made a noticeable effort to educate their agents to take care of the SkyPriority customers when possible.

CO could learn a lesson or two from DL in the Elite treatment department.
Old Jan 13, 11, 1:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Under the Liberty Visual to 27L at PHL. Stranger in a strange land - a Devils fan in Flyers country.
Programs: PWP Le Chancelier des Clefs d'Or || Sarcasm, Anti-Stupidity, Obscure References top tier member.
Originally Posted by redtailshark View Post
Apparently the UA 1K aren't "as well trained."
They don't feel the need to be trained. Quite the contrary: they expect UA staff to genuflect, kneel, and kiss their rings upon their entry to the RCC.
Old Jan 13, 11, 1:50 pm
Suspended

Location: Tucson, AZ, USA. UA 1K, reluctant but * best in class * DL FO/MM. Former BA jumpseat rider and scourge of Dilbertian management and apologists. As LX might - and do - say: "....an experienced frequent flyer of international airlines"
DL has been fantastic over the past six months or so. Since the inception of SkyPriority, DL has really made a noticeable effort to educate their agents to take care of the SkyPriority customers when possible.

CO could learn a lesson or two from DL in the Elite treatment department.
I appreciate CO's Elite service is not wonderful. But we have different views on this. The service I've received from DL SMS as an SP customer has been worse than that from US Air as a general member. It's been diabolic and I won't waste my time with it any more.

For example, in the last 12 months, I've been repeatedly lied to by DL SMS agents about subjects such as:
1. Ability to book partner awards (SQ, when it was still a partner and listed as so on DL.COM - agent told me categorically "You can't use SM on SQ" despite me reading the DL.COM info back to her. Not just with SQ either, this also happened with AM and others.).
2. False claims about PMU applicability. No sir you can't use PU465 on fare classes other than Y,B or M. Wait, E-cert has T&C in small print that categorically state "Valid on any published fare class..." Number 12 in the T&C line items. SMS agent doesn't want to hear or respect this. Despite the 006-issue of the cert by her own company and the fact she told me she can see T&C also!!
3. Availability of awards that show up on KL, AF or through EF. "The system won't let me book it..." etc.

Then there's DL.COM and its similar mendacity. Think that ticket is available at 100k? Now try to book it, see what happens. These problems aren't just afflicting me, you can read the DL board and see that they are widespread.

I loathe dealing with SMS and think it a waste of my time at best, and a way to increase my frustration at worst. I haven't noticed much value in SkyPriority during irop.

Now, CO could certainly do much better and I've had cause to complain here about CO irop handling in the past. CO has not delivered impressive or very helpful service on all occasions. But they've solved the issues, eventually, in more or less acceptable ways. From my experience, DL SM is incontestibly best in class
Old Jan 13, 11, 2:46 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA Prem, DL Plat, CO Plat, Torrid Diva,Rascal House (free cookies!), TWA Ambassador 183506503
Twas about 1pm. I and some others were checking in when all of a sudden this guy starts yelling and screaming about how he's a CO Platinum and United Sucks and Continental would kiss his feet. but United's not...I got the shaft when my flight was canceled, too, so I was just wondering why his situation was so different as to require said fit-pitching. If he was ripped off, I understand, but not if he was angling for more than he was entitled to.
Old Jan 13, 11, 3:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA MM 1K; AA MM Gold; HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by alison11 View Post
Twas about 1pm. I and some others were checking in when all of a sudden this guy starts yelling and screaming about how he's a CO Platinum and United Sucks and Continental would kiss his feet. but United's not...I got the shaft when my flight was canceled, too, so I was just wondering why his situation was so different as to require said fit-pitching. If he was ripped off, I understand, but not if he was angling for more than he was entitled to.
So I take it it was a CO Plat/*G on a UA ticket/UA metal who was unhappy with UA. Dang it, I thought UA took care of us *Gs. Rats.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: