Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Continental OnePass (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

Green-shirted Plat pitches fit at SFO 1/12. Was it you?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Green-shirted Plat pitches fit at SFO 1/12. Was it you?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 13, 2011, 4:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Bonehead
So I take it it was a CO Plat/*G on a UA ticket/UA metal who was unhappy with UA. Dang it, I thought UA took care of us *Gs. Rats.
I think it's interesting that there is at least one CO Plat out there that believes CO kisses his feet. Would never have thought that based on most of the posts in this forum (my own experiences notwithstanding)...
Perhaps this is additional evidence that the FT community does not mirror the broader traveling public.
Old Jan 13, 2011, 5:08 pm

Originally Posted by alison11
Twas about 1pm. I and some others were checking in when all of a sudden this guy starts yelling and screaming about how he's a CO Platinum and United Sucks and Continental would kiss his feet. but United's not...I got the shaft when my flight was canceled, too, so I was just wondering why his situation was so different as to require said fit-pitching. If he was ripped off, I understand, but not if he was angling for more than he was entitled to.
I wouldn't have heard about this since it took place at the ticket counter.

I know with the EWR snow storm and all of our cancellations to that area, we have displaced alot of F customers into coach. Perhaps that is what he was upset about or maybe he was seated in a middle seat.

I will say that in the past two days I have seen quite a number of our Platinum Plus Elites on our EWR flights.
Old Jan 13, 2011, 5:55 pm

Programs: UA 1K, SPG Platinum, UA Million Miler
Originally Posted by sfogate
I wouldn't have heard about this since it took place at the ticket counter.

I know with the EWR snow storm and all of our cancellations to that area, we have displaced alot of F customers into coach. Perhaps that is what he was upset about or maybe he was seated in a middle seat.

I will say that in the past two days I have seen quite a number of our Platinum Plus Elites on our EWR flights.
What's a platinum plus?
Old Jan 13, 2011, 6:00 pm

Programs: OZ Diamond, UA Gold
Originally Posted by BigPoppaCO
What's a platinum plus?
Plat elite? Prez Plat?
Old Jan 13, 2011, 6:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Between AUS, EWR, and YTO In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike.. but I wanna go home with the armadillo
Programs: CO, NW, & UA forum moderator emeritus
Originally Posted by BigPoppaCO
What's a platinum plus?
Smeone who forks over lot$ of ca$h to CO, ala UA GS.
Old Jan 13, 2011, 6:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: CO 1K-MM
platinum plus?
I think its a good name for "Presidential Platinum". its really just Platinum Plus anyways now, just a little higher priority over Platinums (and no priority over a silver on a YB fare).

Its not like GS that actually has true service differentiators.
Old Jan 13, 2011, 7:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Originally Posted by xyzzy
Smeone who forks over lot$ of ca$h to CO, ala UA GS.
...but one who doesn't get anywhere near the same benefits

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.