Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Travel Discount Certificate 09CHFS

Search this Thread

Old Jan 11, 2012, 8:47 am

Programs: United 1K
I was going to give away my 2 unused certs on Coupon Connection but after reading all the previous posts I see it's a waste of time.
Old Jan 11, 2012, 10:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by AUSshouldbeahub
I would love to be PMed any certificates. I know you will be repaid in Karma. I think I am actually going to be able to use them on a flight in Feb.
PM me so I'll remember to post them to you later (at lunch at work and don't have them on me).
Old Jan 11, 2012, 2:41 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA Priemier Gold
I gave mine away again last week to the first 2 bidders to PM me

Got 2 PMs 1 minute apart.

Not sure if they've been able to get any use out them yet though *shrugs*. I never could find a use.
Old Jan 11, 2012, 9:53 pm

Originally Posted by walkerci
What good are they?

Can't fly on Friday or Sunday.
I've used them for Thurs-Sun flights. I don't know why, but it works.
Old Jan 16, 2012, 1:56 pm

I just received 2 certificates but now have cancelled the card. Can I still give them to someone else or does the card have to be active?
Old Jan 16, 2012, 4:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by hphizz
I just received 2 certificates but now have cancelled the card. Can I still give them to someone else or does the card have to be active?
You can still give them away - they'll still be usable.
Old Jan 18, 2012, 12:56 pm

Victory!

1. Booked our fights online.
2. Total came to $882.
3. Then I remembered that we had those Continental Chase MC coupons.
4. Canceled first set of flights. Went online and tried to enter coupons.
5. Website wouldn’t take coupons. Called Continental.
6. Spent 45 minutes on the phone, only to find out that the fare class didn’t qualify for the coupons.
7. Went to rebook the tickets, the fare had gone up in the last hour!
8. Fare was now $912.
9. Rebooked but chose an better departure time, since it was now the same price.
10. Got confirmation – wait! Now we’re a different fare class.
11. Tried to enter reservation and coupon online again – unsuccessful.
12. Called Continental. It took the agent 45 minutes to successfully enter the coupons.
13. I have your new fare, she said - $606.
14. Over $300 less than booking online, even though Continental charged $50 for using an agent to book!
15. Cancelled excess flights.
16. Even got better seat assignments.
Old Jan 24, 2012, 12:21 pm

Would love to get 2 of these travel certificates as it looks like I have an itinerary that works. Trying to travel with family for vacation. Have 2, need 2 more. Will repay in Karma. Thanks!!
Old Jan 24, 2012, 1:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by FlyerIAH
14. Over $300 less than booking online, even though Continental charged $50 for using an agent to book!
I would have fought the agent tooth and nail over the fee, since they can admit that it's near impossible to redeem online.
Old Feb 15, 2012, 2:57 pm

Programs: UA Plat (1mm), Marriott Titanium, HH Gold, Hertz Pres
These certificates are a pain to use on-line.

I was doing some dummy bookings and it seemed to work (actually savings!) since I was hoping to use it to go to Jackson Hole from NY. But when I tried to book my entire party, it wouldn't let me. It appears that I can't use the certificate if I'm booking for more than one passenger in my itineary.

They do make this difficult.
Old Feb 15, 2012, 4:21 pm

Programs: UA MM, AS MVPG75K, Marriott Lifetime Gold
Didn't have any problems using mine for a BZN-DEN-SEA one way and for a SEA-SFO-LAS-SFO-SEA flight.
Old Feb 17, 2012, 4:03 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA just 8800 mi short of Silver
It goes to show you what dirty rotten racketeering filth CO truly is. If I advertised something like that in my business, I'd be in jail for false advertising. They should be be forced to write::: ""but good luck trying to use these certificates, as you have to book in a fare class $200 higher to get a $100 discount""". I think they hire Al Capone-icators to stay up all night thinking of new ways to screw their customers

Last edited by chasbondy; Feb 18, 2012 at 11:07 am Reason: to be nicer
Old Feb 17, 2012, 4:41 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA just 8800 mi short of Silver
Lets see, should I book the L fare for $460, or should I book the V fare for $686 and use my $100 09CHFS coupon?? Al Capone wasnt half the racketeer CO is.

Or better, just for fun, I booked the $686 fare, the coupon didnt work, so I called and asked about the coupon. They would book it, if I paid the $50 fee, so now its $736, less $100. I asked her what was the better deal, should I pay $636 after the coupon or the $460 L fare. "I'll make em an offer they cant refuse"

Last edited by chasbondy; Feb 17, 2012 at 6:41 pm Reason: to be nicer
Old Feb 17, 2012, 8:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: CO 1K-MM
what I truly don't understand about this whole CHFS cert is that its supposed to be some sort of bonus to say "thank you" for being a chase cardholder and CO customer.

All I can imagine is that someone tries to use it, and then gets PISSED off when it can only be used for expensive flights (really, no <Q ), can't be used from a hub with any material value, can't be used for a weekend jaunt, etc. So they give this to customers as a bonus only to say "HAHA SUCKAS!"? what's the point?

Why not just give an ECERT good for 5% off a fare, saturday night stay required. done.
Old Feb 21, 2012, 10:01 pm

Originally Posted by entropy
what I truly don't understand about this whole CHFS cert is that its supposed to be some sort of bonus to say "thank you" for being a chase cardholder and CO customer.

All I can imagine is that someone tries to use it, and then gets PISSED off when it can only be used for expensive flights (really, no <Q ), can't be used from a hub with any material value, can't be used for a weekend jaunt, etc. So they give this to customers as a bonus only to say "HAHA SUCKAS!"? what's the point?

Why not just give an ECERT good for 5% off a fare, saturday night stay required. done.
No kidding! I am still surprised how the agent kept mentioning the certificates when I called to accept their "wonderful offer" for their Chase card. Knowing my address and other information, he knew I was from Houston and would not be able to take advantage of the certificates with all the stupid restrictions, the main one being "maximum discount of $20 for travel to/from Houston". Seriously????

What kind of "thank you" is that?? I guess i'll give them a "thank you" back and cancel the card.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.