FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Continental OnePass (Pre-Merger) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/continental-onepass-pre-merger-488/)
-   -   EWR Doom & Gloom Thread for the [11/12-Jan-2011] Snowstorm (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/continental-onepass-pre-merger/1169916-ewr-doom-gloom-thread-11-12-jan-2011-snowstorm.html)

Weatherboy Jan 8, 11 4:53 pm

EWR Doom & Gloom Thread for the [11/12-Jan-2011] Snowstorm

Can't wait to hear the stories of stranded passengers, panicked crews, and other winter storm fun pop-up as EWR gets hit with its biggest snowstorm of the year yet.

Weatherboy Jan 8, 11 5:13 pm

Oh, the forecast calls for about a foot of snow at EWR from this storm.

Xyzzy Jan 8, 11 5:19 pm

A foot of snow isn't even close to the biggest storm of the year. In any event, I'm in HKG now, scheduled to return to EWR at about 8:30pm :rolleyes:n the 11th. Perhaps it's time to start planning s:eek:me alternative arrangements...

[Edited to add:

D':eek:h -- okay ... biggest of the year, not of the winter. I keep f:rolleyes:rgetting it's January]

ecosse3 Jan 8, 11 5:20 pm

Where have you been able to see a good forecast? I can't seem to locate one!

JFKSFOLAX_friend Jan 8, 11 5:23 pm

Originally Posted by ecosse3 (Post 15614126)

accuweather.com
wunderground.com
weather.com

Hachiko Jan 8, 11 5:39 pm

Great. I bet I'll get stranded in YQB for the next three days :rolleyes:

rggale Jan 8, 11 5:44 pm

great...i'll be stranded in IAH on the way back from SJO. Going to try to get protected into PHL with a refundable ticket.

Olton Hall Jan 8, 11 5:45 pm

Originally Posted by ecosse3 (Post 15614126)

The OP's handle is a very big clue on what he does for a living. He has access to all things weather.

love_to_travel Jan 8, 11 5:53 pm

I'm traveling HNL-EWR arriving Thursday, January 13, 2011. The storm should be done by then right?

Phudnik Jan 8, 11 6:11 pm

Originally Posted by rggale (Post 15614248)
great...i'll be stranded in IAH on the way back from SJO. Going to try to get protected into PHL with a refundable ticket.

Accuweather implies that the storm is supposed to come more or less up I-95. PHL is just as bad as EWR in the snow, and there are likely to be delays here as well, though with any luck we won't get more than a couple of inches. BWI + Amtrak may be a better bet.

mduell Jan 8, 11 6:44 pm

Looking forward to all the exotic accents (usually with foreign language shouting in the background) on the FAA telcon when international carriers divert.

usa18dca Jan 8, 11 7:28 pm

*expletive...double expletive* I have a Curacao trip planned on the 12th!!!!!!!

njxbean Jan 8, 11 7:34 pm

When is the storm scheduled to be in EWR? Just the 11th? im supposed to fly from dc through EWR to portland maine on the 12th. Will see how that works out. :cool:

Olton Hall Jan 8, 11 7:40 pm

Originally Posted by njxbean (Post 15614850)
When is the storm scheduled to be in EWR? Just the 11th? im supposed to fly from dc through EWR to portland maine on the 12th. Will see how that works out. :cool:

it sounds like afternoon 11th into the 12th. DC is also to get hit along with the south.

usa18dca Jan 8, 11 7:43 pm

Originally Posted by Olton Hall (Post 15614881)
it sounds like afternoon 11th into the 12th. DC is also to get hit along with the south.

I have an UA ticket on the 11th...*expletive*