Search

Adding lap child to domestic reservation

Search this Thread

Old Jan 3, 2011, 1:44 pm
Original Poster

Programs: CO Plat
Adding lap child to domestic reservation

Hi all -

Did a couple searches here and in the Travelling with Children forum but all relevant threads were old.

Mr. Travel_Addict and I just booked domestic tickets to visit the new grandparents in March 2011 with a 2 month old. Since this is the first booking with baby-to-be, I forgot to add "Infant under 2 travelling in lap" in the reservation. So did Mr. Travel_Addict - we always book on separate PNRs.

A few questions:
1) Should I add baby to reservation now? Or wait til I get to the airport? I have seen conflicting information on whether you can do OLCI with baby.

2) Will this affect any possible EUA's? I'm Plat, he's a Gold.

Thanks!
Old Jan 3, 2011, 1:52 pm

Programs: CO Gold
1) Should I add baby to reservation now? Or wait til I get to the airport? I have seen conflicting information on whether you can do OLCI with baby.

I'd do it now. I remember something about limited # of people and lap babies on board, so best while there's still space. Never had issues with OLCI with an infant.

2) Will this affect any possible EUA's? I'm Plat, he's a Gold.

Not from my experience. I'm sure others will chime in.
Old Jan 3, 2011, 2:14 pm

[QUOTE=familyflier;15574303]1)
I'd do it now. I remember something about limited # of people and lap babies on board, so best while there's still space. Never had issues with OLCI with an infant.

QUOTE]

There's no limit to the # of lap babies, but on 737's there is only one allowed per row, and on the erj's they are only allowed in a couple of specific rows. I've had no problem with OLCI either, except when I've selected seats in rows lap babies aren't aloowed in.
Old Jan 3, 2011, 3:06 pm

Programs: CO PresPlat, UA GS, Marriott Platinum, HHonors Diamond, Fairmont Premier, BA Silver, AVIS PresCircle
Originally Posted by Aliquot
There's no limit to the # of lap babies, but on 737's there is only one allowed per row, and on the erj's they are only allowed in a couple of specific rows. I've had no problem with OLCI either, except when I've selected seats in rows lap babies aren't aloowed in.
I thought the restriction had to do with the lap baby had to be in a row that had an extra oxygen mask overhead, so only so many rows on any aircraft (737 included) support lap babies.

Maybe I'm wrong, but I thought this was what is the rationalization of the restrictions for "baby on board".

Maybe 737 all have an extra oxygen mask in each row already?
Old Jan 3, 2011, 3:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
"...on 737's there is only one (lap baby) allowed per row..."

If that limit was ever challenged, the mental trauma would force me to give up flying forever. One per cabin is twice as bad enough...
Old Jan 3, 2011, 10:55 pm

Programs: CO Gold
deleted

Last edited by familyflier; Jan 3, 2011 at 11:36 pm
Old Jan 4, 2011, 1:05 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by cbechdel
I thought the restriction had to do with the lap baby had to be in a row that had an extra oxygen mask overhead, so only so many rows on any aircraft (737 included) support lap babies.

Maybe I'm wrong, but I thought this was what is the rationalization of the restrictions for "baby on board".

Maybe 737 all have an extra oxygen mask in each row already?
Thanks for the responses!

FYI for anyone, I called today to add the child and since baby is not here yet and we don't officially have a name, Elite desk suggested I call back after the baby is here to officially add him.

I actually called back a second time to ask about the extra oxygen masks as we are flying an ERJ on the 1st segment while the others are 738's. Row 7 is the one on the RJ that has an extra oxygen mask but all the rows on the 738's have an extra mask.
Old Jan 4, 2011, 2:46 pm
Original Poster

I didn't realize that SeatGuru actually posts this information for the ERJ. Rows 3, 7, 11, 16, and 19 have the extra masks.

http://www.seatguru.com/airlines/Con...er_ERJ-145.php

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.