Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Continental OnePass (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

CO111 Diverted to Shannon for a medical emergency [31-Dec-2010]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

CO111 Diverted to Shannon for a medical emergency [31-Dec-2010]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 5, 2011, 11:13 pm

Programs: Co-Onepass, Delta-Useless Skymiles
Originally Posted by controller1
+1
+ 2
Old Jan 6, 2011, 5:49 am

I jus wanna express my condolences on the loss of your mother. My father passed away whn he was 55 years old, so I knw wht it's like to loose a parent especially whn they aren't even tht old. My sincerest thoughts and prayers are with you and your family at this most difficult time.
Old Jan 6, 2011, 7:19 am

Programs: UA 1K, HH Gold, Mariott Gold
Here is a article on the FA's passing:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...010504651.html

The body of a New Jersey flight attendant who suffered a fatal heart attack during an overseas flight on New Year's Eve is being returned to the U.S.

The family of Emoly Balades (EM'-uh-lee BAL'-ah-dess) says the 61-year-old Continental Airlines employee's body will arrive early Thursday at Newark Liberty International Airport.
And her Obituary:
http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/ven...&pid=147619955

(beautiful smile in her pic)
Old Jan 6, 2011, 9:21 am

Programs: CO Plat; Marriott Silver; Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Tbalades
The FA was my mother. She died at the hospital shortly after arriving. I am in Shannon right now claiming her and taking her home with me. Continental has been very helpful in the process, the flight crews arriving have been outreaching with support.
My condolences to your family and to your Mother's Continental family as well. You are all in my thoughts and prayers.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.