Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Continental OnePass (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

Do you get onepass miles when you book through priceline?

Old Jan 5, 2011, 10:52 am
Original Poster

I flew a couple of weeks ago after booking through Priceline to get cashback (but it was still a normal price flight) and it hasn't shown up with onepass yet. Does it just take a while or are you not eligible for miles if you book through priceline? It asked for my number when I did it so I would be surprised if it didn't work.
Old Jan 5, 2011, 11:11 am

Programs: CO PresPlat, UA GS, Marriott Platinum, HHonors Diamond, Fairmont Premier, BA Silver, AVIS PresCircle
generally no. If it is a deal where you named your own price or saw the price after agreeing to buy, no miles are given.

If you saw the fare before agreeing to buy, then probably will get the miles.
Old Jan 5, 2011, 11:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I think it's less about seeing the price before you buy (who would buy a fare without seeing the price ) and more about seeing the airline before you buy.
Old Jan 5, 2011, 4:49 pm

Originally Posted by tedfor
I flew a couple of weeks ago after booking through Priceline to get cashback (but it was still a normal price flight) and it hasn't shown up with onepass yet. Does it just take a while or are you not eligible for miles if you book through priceline? It asked for my number when I did it so I would be surprised if it didn't work.
from the CO website:

Flights Ineligible for Mileage Credit

OnePass mileage may not be earned on certain Continental Airlines and other OnePass airline partner tickets. These include, but are not limited to:

Continental tickets purchased and used in violation of Continental's Contract of Carriage, fare tariffs and OnePass Program.
All free travel, including OnePass reward travel.
Unpublished charter flights.
Industry-free or industry-reduced rate tickets.
Promotional certificates.
Unpublished fares, such as priceline.com and Hotwire.
Tickets, products or services purchased and used in violation of the terms and conditions applicable to Continental's OnePass partners.
Old Jan 5, 2011, 5:07 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by tanlines
from the CO website:

OnePass mileage may not be earned on certain Continental Airlines and other OnePass airline partner tickets. These include, but are not limited to:

Continental tickets purchased and used in violation of Continental's Contract of Carriage, fare tariffs and OnePass Program.
Tickets, products or services purchased and used in violation of the terms and conditions applicable to Continental's OnePass partners.
Thats talking about the Name Your Own Price part of PL, if you use the otehr part and dont name a price but book what they show you so you know The Carrier and flights then you should get Mileage credit I have. Its really no different then booking on say Orbitz or Expedia
Old Jan 5, 2011, 5:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8530/5.0.0.601 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/417)

Originally Posted by tanlines
Originally Posted by tedfor
from the CO website:

Priceline offers different ways of purchasing airline tickets. You can put in a bid, and if it's accepted, Priceline will tell you the carrier and the routing. This method would yield an "unpublished" fare.

But Priceline also acts as a traditional online travel agent, displaying a variety of published fares, showing airline and routing in advance of purchase. It sounds like this is the method the OP used, so he should be on a "published" fare, and thus entitled to OnePass mileage credit.
Old Jan 5, 2011, 5:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8530/5.0.0.601 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/417)

Looks like craz beat me to the punch.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.