Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Continental OnePass (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

Posted to miles to to wrong account (UA vs. CO), possible to reverse?

Old Dec 7, 10, 11:25 am
Original Poster

Programs: CO Plat, AA GLD

In late October, I took a flight booked through a corporate travel agent. As I was traveling on UA for one segment, they used my milepass # on file instead of onepass. Is it possible to remove the credit from UA and post on CO. Reaching 100,000 and SWUs will likely depend on having EQMs transfered.

Anyone have experience with this either pre or post merger? Have called Onepass Access line but stated a 20 minute hold period so want to have knowledge going in.
Old Dec 7, 10, 12:15 pm

Programs: AS MVP 75K, DL Diamond, LH SEN, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Ambassador
I had success in October but it was UA's fault (credited miles to MP even though my OP number was on the BP). I had to ask UA to remove the miles from my account and then request missing credit from CO.

I don't know what they will say if the fault was the travel agent's and not their own.
Old Dec 7, 10, 2:19 pm
Original Poster

Programs: CO Plat, AA GLD
Thanks for the reply. When I speak with Onepass will suggest this route if they don't have a simple answer.

EDIT UPDATE - Spoke with Elite line who said that probably nothing could be done, but that she had heard of it. Spoke with OnePass line and was told the same as the reply. Get United to delete it and it can be added. Process is a pain though, need to document with screenshots etc. that it was there and then again that it has been removed.

Last edited by saathich; Dec 7, 10 at 2:50 pm
Old Dec 7, 10, 11:54 pm

Programs: UA Plat, Marriott Plat, Hilton, IHG, Club Carlson
I had the same situation happen to me. When I booked the tickets through my corporate site, I entered my OnePass number but it defaulted to my MP number. This happened back in July and I decided at the time not to worry about it. I realized recently that I was close to Platinum status so I decided to move the miles over. I had United remove the miles from MP account and then I submitted a missing mileage request through email to CO (with my ticket and boarding passes but no screenshots). CO wrote back saying the miles had been credited to UA already and they could not credit to CO. I wrote back explaining that my UA number had been assigned by accident and that I had successfully requested UA to remove the miles from my MP account. A few days later the miles were credited. Not the quickest process so I would start sooner rather than later.

Search this Thread