Missing bags at PHL (and elsewhere)

Old Dec 6, 2010, 11:04 am
Original Poster

Programs: CO non-elite, Marriott Silver, SPG Gold
Question Missing bags at PHL (and elsewhere)

Flew 776 to PHL this morning and it looked like only a handful of bags made it. Apparently there was a system problem at IAH and all flights on the 7AM push were affected.

Anyone else have issues this morning?
Old Dec 7, 2010, 9:48 am
Original Poster

Programs: CO non-elite, Marriott Silver, SPG Gold
Wow, I can't believe no one here had issues. I got several stories that either a baggage handler belt broke or the TSA bag scanners were offline.

I finally got my bags at 12:30AM this morning (supposedly arrived on a 2:14pm flight @PHL) and my travel mate got his this morning.
Old Dec 7, 2010, 10:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Plat
Yes, I heard the same, that a belt broke at IAH and delayed bags throughout the system.
Old Dec 7, 2010, 12:48 pm

Hmmm...maybe that's what happened to me. I had a late evening flight (11pm) that connected through IAH on Sunday night and my bag never made it with me even though there was a 50min window between my arriving and departing flights.
Old Dec 7, 2010, 2:11 pm

Programs: CO Plat; UA 1K; EK Gold
Originally Posted by MilesDavis
Wow, I can't believe no one here had issues. I got several stories that either a baggage handler belt broke or the TSA bag scanners were offline.

I finally got my bags at 12:30AM this morning (supposedly arrived on a 2:14pm flight @PHL) and my travel mate got his this morning.
Well, also keep in mind that many FTers dont check bags and do carry-on only during domestic flights (well, its not a rule...but a trend)
....that could be one reason why you are not seeing too many reports here.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.