Community
Wiki Posts
Search

"I Have Pizza, Sir"

Search this Thread

Old Dec 6, 2010, 10:32 am
Original Poster

Programs: United Premier 1K; Alaska MVP 75K; Hilton Honors Diamond; Hertz Pres Circle
"I Have Pizza, Sir"

I guess the FA didn't look into what was catered onboard last night's CO1501. She offered me a "Braised Beef or PIZZA." "PIZZA???" I wondered. Afterwards, I realized that it was actually lasagna, and she was just too lazy to look.
Old Dec 6, 2010, 10:36 am

Originally Posted by goldelite8
I guess the FA didn't look into what was catered onboard last night's CO1501. She offered me a "Braised Beef or PIZZA." "PIZZA???" I wondered. Afterwards, I realized that it was actually lasagna, and she was just too lazy to look.
How Scary, I remember a Bethune quote "you can make pizza so cheap" or something along like that...I sure hope Chelsea isn't getting into the Pizza making business!
Old Dec 6, 2010, 11:09 am

Programs: UA 1K/*G
Originally Posted by usa18dca
How Scary, I remember a Bethune quote "you can make pizza so cheap" or something along like that...I sure hope Chelsea isn't getting into the Pizza making business!
"You can make a pizza so cheap, nobody will eat it."

He was referring to airline QoS though with amenities being toppings, not actual catering issues.
Old Dec 6, 2010, 11:14 am
Formerly known as CollegeFlyer

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA PLT, Hyatt Diamond, Marriott Gold, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by usa18dca
I love what Gordon Bethune has done with Continental. He is a smooth operator.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eFO0H...layer_embedded

Actually, US used to serve pizza in TATL F and J! I wonder if they still do?
Old Dec 6, 2010, 11:20 am

Programs: DL Plat (won't hit DM again) 2MM (2.5), HH Gold, PC Gold, Hyatt Plat
I seem to recall getting a personal pizza on UA once.

And I had a colleague who worked for one of the national pizza chains as a regional sales manager in Alaska. She sold one of the small Alaska airlines on serving pizza on its flight from towns where her company had stores. They would take orders and deliver the pizzas to the planes just before take-off. One per passenger. Or maybe she was just telling a tale?
Old Dec 6, 2010, 11:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: HH Gold, AA Gold
In the 90's, AA had a Y meal that included an Uno's Cheese Pizza, green salad, and a sugar cookie. It was one of the best airline meals that I remember having in Y.
Old Dec 6, 2010, 12:27 pm

Originally Posted by CollegeFlyer
I believe US got rid of the arrivals pizza (served in its very own cardboard box) some time ago.

Originally Posted by formeraa
In the 90's, AA had a Y meal that included an Uno's Cheese Pizza, green salad, and a sugar cookie. It was one of the best airline meals that I remember having in Y.
I think I've had this meal in AA F (not branded as an Uno's pizza). It wasn't bad.
Old Dec 6, 2010, 12:54 pm

Programs: UA, AA, DL, Hertz, Avis, National, Hyatt, Hilton, SPG, Marriott
Afterwards, I realized that it was actually lasagna, and she was just too lazy to look.
UA's lasagna actually looks like a pizza when served in the round dish and the cheese completely melted off the pasta. Are we aligning our meal services yet?
Old Dec 6, 2010, 12:54 pm

Originally Posted by CollegeFlyer
I love what Gordon Bethune has done with Continental. He is a smooth operator.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eFO0H...layer_embedded

They were decent Pizza actually
Old Dec 6, 2010, 2:16 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MMer & LT UC (when flying UA); Hyatt Credit Cardist; HHonors Diamond; Marriott Gold via UA 1K
I love pizza. I would much prefer it to mushroom soup.
Old Dec 6, 2010, 2:19 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA just 8800 mi short of Silver
My guess is your hearing aid battery was low, She said "Pasta" not Pizza
Old Dec 6, 2010, 3:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Diamond, B6 Mosaic, AS MPV Gold, UA Gold MM, Marriott Plat, SPG Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite
CO had a personal deep dish pizza, served with a small salad and soup, as a domestic lunch item back around 2000-2001. It was pretty good.
Old Dec 6, 2010, 3:50 pm

Programs: UA 1MM
SLC - IAH on 12/3 noon-ish flight I was given the choice of a shrimp salad or a melted cheese sandwich looking thing "both served with tortilla soup".

The soup was lentil.

I told her I thought she might have been lied to about the tortilla soup, she looked at it and said "what kind is it ? OH, lentil ! Catering never tells us anything".

The lentil was not very good.

It was no big deal tho.

The big deal was I got upgraded @ T-1 hour at the gate, on a W fare bought 6 weeks ago, first on upgrade list per PDA for a couple of days, with 3 out of 12 seats booked.
Old Dec 6, 2010, 8:24 pm

Programs: UA Silver
I was served pizza on ZRH-ATL on DL in Y. That was absolutely the WORST pizza I've ever had in my entire life.
Old Dec 6, 2010, 9:06 pm

Programs: Airlines: UA-CO, NH, AA, and DL Hotels: SPG, Accor, PC, and Marriott
DL in Y, AC in EF

DL has had them in Y on TATL for awhile. My last DL TATL they announced BF and Y menus at the same time for pre-arrival snack and Y had pizza.

On AC this year in C (AC executive-first) as a pre-arrival snack into YYZ I had a personal pan pizza type deal and it was actually pretty good.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.