Wiki Posts
Search

CO planes at EWR Terminal B

Search this Thread

Old Nov 23, 2010, 8:44 am
Original Poster

Programs: CO/*G, DL Gold
CO planes at EWR Terminal B

I flew Virgin from EWR to LHR on Wednesday evening last week and as we were pushing back realized that my plane was flanked by a CO 777 on one side and a CO 757 on the other. Any reason why they'd park at B gates?
Old Nov 23, 2010, 8:47 am

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, UA Mileage Plus 1K, AA Executive Plat, Marriott Ambassador Elite
During certain times C can't handle all the intl inbound and some arrive in B
Old Nov 23, 2010, 8:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

CO flights use Terminal B for International arrivals during peak times. After all of the passengers deplane, they are usually towed off for servicing before being brought back to Terminal C for the evening departures.
Old Nov 23, 2010, 8:49 am
Original Poster

that's what i figured. i know that's how they used to handle inbound international flights before the C arrival hall was finished - remember arriving in B from TLV a couple times but didn't realize they still did it.

thanks guys!
Old Nov 23, 2010, 11:23 am

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Gold, IHG Silver, Hilton Silver, Hertz PC, National Exec Elite, Avis PC
Because if some CO planes didn't park at B then DHLS would have to open more than 4 of the 50-odd passport desks in the C int'l arrivals hall at any one time.
Old Nov 23, 2010, 11:33 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, IHG Gold
CO TATL arrival @ B

One time arrived into B for the longest and worst DHLS experience ever. 1 hour in the queue and then they mixed mine & my wife's passports so that my fingerprintes were linked with both passports. Hence she then had to spend 1.5 hours in tha back office by which time we nearly missed our onward connection, having allowed 2.5 hours!
Old Nov 29, 2010, 6:38 am
Original Poster

thats awful. i registered for global entry just before my outbound. on returning i literally breezed right through even through we were arriving into JFK 4 behind two other long hauls - worth every penny.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.