Lifetime Platinum Elite Future?

Old Nov 18, 2010, 9:10 am
Original Poster

Programs: OnePass Infinite Platinum
Lifetime Platinum Elite Future?

I'm just wondering where us infinite Platinum Elite fit into this new merger mess...anybody have a clue?

Last edited by erictroyer; Nov 18, 2010 at 9:11 am Reason: misspoke the name of the program
Old Nov 18, 2010, 9:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by erictroyer
I'm just wondering where us infinite Platinum Elite fit into this new merger mess...anybody have a clue?
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/conti...ua-merger.html

Welcome to FT!
Old Nov 26, 2010, 11:01 am

Programs: CO Infinite Elite, CO MM, Priority Club Platinum
We'll be lifetime something

CO has already stated publically that lifetime platinums will retain their lifetime credentials. However, the question what is the elite tier? If the merged airline adopts the MileagePlus structure, will lifetime platinums on CO be lifetime 1K, lifetime Premier Exec or something else? They have not publically said anything about that. I will be disappointed if we don't get at least lifetime 1K.
Old Nov 26, 2010, 12:43 pm

Programs: UA LT 1K, AA EXP, Bonvoy LT Titan, Avis PC, Hilton Gold
Only official comment on the subject of Infinite status was CO Insider's answer to my question on the subject in post 279 in the 2011 OnePass Program Changes thread started by CO Insider.

Bottom line - nothing to announce just yet. Stay tuned!

I interpret the tone of this to imply - we are not out to screw you.
Old Nov 26, 2010, 6:58 pm

Programs: UA LT 1K, AA EXP, Bonvoy LT Titan, Avis PC, Hilton Gold
I think another question is what happens to the few people that are lifetime Presidential Platinums. CO changed the 4MM category from Lifetime Platinum to Lifetime Presidential Platinum last year when PPlat was introduced.

With Presidential Platinum level going away - does lifetime PPlat get lifetime GS?

UA currently gives lifetime 1K at 3MM, and at 4MM UA gives undefined special services. Not clear if UA 4MM is lifetime GS - but likely not.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.