Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Holding back seats from EUA

Search this Thread

Old Nov 9, 2010, 5:39 pm

Programs: MP 1K/Onepass Plat 1MM, SPG Plat, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by cova
So I suspect that those Platinums buying the upgrade are at a midlevel fare and the difference to M ( which has now opened up for M-up) is not that high. Plats are taking it to guarantee the upgrade.
Shhhh!!!!@:-)
Old Nov 9, 2010, 8:50 pm

Programs: A3 *G, AA exePlat, AS MVP 75k Gold, JL sapphire, UA silver
Originally Posted by chiph
I think that's a very smart idea & no problem with that. Holding back 2 or 3 seats on a popular flight is a good idea.

I just am confused by 14 seats held back at 36h with fewer than a dozen people in elite seating. :-)
the bottom line is that if the seat opens up, u will get the upgrade? what is the fuss about 6 days or at gate?

i have segments ewr-iah-pdx-iah-ewr
on nov 12 ewr-iah-pdx and pdx-iah on nov 14.
only pdx-iah is ugpraded, i am happy, if i get upgrade on the other segments, great! if not, so be it. i didnt buy F, and i dont expect F.
Old Nov 9, 2010, 9:04 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA Gold
Originally Posted by TWA Fan 1
It's the old principle of the carrot and the stick. They need something to entice you ("the carrot") and they do this with the lure of "unlimited free space-available upgrades." Of course, then, once they've hooked you, they apply the kibosh ("the stick"). Since the availability of inventory is all basically a fiction, the man behind the green curtain can do whatever he wants to make the most money for himself and the company.

If they were more straightforward about it, the "carrot" part of the game would not be nearly as effective...
That's not what the carrot and stick means at all.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.