Free stby for earlier flt as a CO gold?

Old Nov 7, 10, 9:33 pm
Original Poster

Programs: MVPG, Marriott aluminum, Motel 6 Diamond
Free stby for earlier flt as a CO gold?

Could anyone please confirm if a CO Gold status customer can list standby free of charge for earlier CO flight (that is offered for the same price)?

I was on hold with CO to try and get an answer. But after 1hr and 15mins of holding, they killed my cell phone battery. Now where's my charger...

thx
Old Nov 7, 10, 9:37 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry9630/5.0.0.591 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105)

No, you can not.

The FAQ has all the details, but you will pay $25 to go on an earlier flight as a gold elite.
Old Nov 7, 10, 9:39 pm

Programs: AA EXP, SPG Ambassador/Plat, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by skybusrider View Post
Could anyone please confirm if a CO Gold status customer can list standby free of charge for earlier CO flight (that is offered for the same price)?

I was on hold with CO to try and get an answer. But after 1hr and 15mins of holding, they killed my cell phone battery. Now where's my charger...

thx
No, the fee for gold is $25. From the CO Website...

Customers holding restricted* tickets can make same-day flight changes for a discounted fee of $50 or a $25 fee for OnePass Gold Elite Members. OnePass Platinum members may request a same-day change at no charge. The following conditions apply:

* The itinerary must be wholly operated by Continental**.
* The same-day flight change option will be available within 24 hours before your original scheduled flight. Requested flight can be in any fare class and be departing within the next 24 hours from when you are making the request. Changes must be made prior to your original scheduled flight.
o When the original ticketed fare class is available within 24 hours of departure, the same-day flight change fee will apply.
o When the original ticketed fare class is not available within 24 hours of departure, the same-day flight change fee will apply (instead of the change fee stated in the fare rules) plus any additional collections or refund due.
* You may standby if seats are not available in the purchased fare class. In these cases, the Same Day Change fee will apply, but will not be charged unless you are assigned a seat on your alternate flight. Changes in routing are not allowed when standing by. Standby may be requested on the day of departure at the airport kiosk or with a Continental airport representative. Once you are added to the flight standby list, you can check your real-time standby status at continental.com/info.
* Upgraded tickets will be automatically added to the upgrade standby list at your applicable upgrade priority. Once you are added to the upgrade standby list, you can check your real-time upgrade status at continental.com/info.
* Changes are only available for the exact origin and destination airport. Connection points may be changed provided the new routing is permitted by the fare purchased.
Old Nov 7, 10, 9:52 pm

Programs: UA 1K/COPlat, Hyatt Diamond, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, Hertz Platinum
Originally Posted by skybusrider View Post

thx
75 mins on hold? Were you using the elite line? If not, the number is on the back of your OP Gold card.
Old Nov 10, 10, 11:39 am

Programs: UA MM, HH Gold, SPG LT Gold
Originally Posted by Cuse44 View Post
OnePass Platinum members may request a same-day change at no charge.
Does the free same day standby apply to UA 1K member also?

75 mins on hold? Were you using the elite line? If not, the number is on the back of your OP Gold card.
Can I have the number please? may need to call CO elite line to request my standby.
Old Nov 10, 10, 11:48 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by pm6163 View Post
Does the free same day standby apply to UA 1K member also?
Yes.

Originally Posted by pm6163 View Post
Can I have the number please? may need to call CO elite line to request my standby.
Call the 1K desk and have them transfer you in. Otherwise you'll end up in the general member queue anyways.

Search this Thread