CO Changes Flights - How / How Long for Refund?

Old Nov 7, 10, 9:29 am
Original Poster

CO Changes Flights - How / How Long for Refund?

I have to be in NJ on a Sunday afternoon/night next year. Made reservations on the 7:25 AM Sunday flight IAH - PHL.

Last week, CO emailed me a reservation change. It looks like the early morning flight was cancelled and they rebooked me at 10:24 AM.

I have flown enough and read things here to know these things happen so no panic, no anger. I emailed the refunds desk at continental.com that this wouldn't work, asked for a refund or, if they would, a ticket to EWR with the same fare.

Here is the problem - I haven't heard back from the refunds desk and my reservation still shows up in my reservatiob listing on Continental's web site. I'd like to make sure that I get my refund (or the EWR alternate) and then move on - I'll figure out other arrangements, probably going in a day early.

How long should the refunds desk to get back to me on this (I'm not even talking about the credit card refund, just a phone call or email back)? Would it be beneficial to call the Elite desk and have them try to work (perhaps I should have done this first - I don't want to mess things up though if someone is already working)? Should I protest the CC charge while I still can to get their attention?

Advice would be appreciated.

I am a CO Gold if that makes a difference.
Old Nov 7, 10, 9:53 am
Suspended

Programs: UA Gold
Originally Posted by exiled2tx View Post
I have to be in NJ on a Sunday afternoon/night next year. Made reservations on the 7:25 AM Sunday flight IAH - PHL.

Last week, CO emailed me a reservation change. It looks like the early morning flight was cancelled and they rebooked me at 10:24 AM.

I have flown enough and read things here to know these things happen so no panic, no anger. I emailed the refunds desk at continental.com that this wouldn't work, asked for a refund or, if they would, a ticket to EWR with the same fare.

Here is the problem - I haven't heard back from the refunds desk and my reservation still shows up in my reservatiob listing on Continental's web site. I'd like to make sure that I get my refund (or the EWR alternate) and then move on - I'll figure out other arrangements, probably going in a day early.

How long should the refunds desk to get back to me on this (I'm not even talking about the credit card refund, just a phone call or email back)? Would it be beneficial to call the Elite desk and have them try to work (perhaps I should have done this first - I don't want to mess things up though if someone is already working)? Should I protest the CC charge while I still can to get their attention?

Advice would be appreciated.

I am a CO Gold if that makes a difference.
Definitely should have called the Elite desk first. Call them now and they'll get things straightened out.

Search this Thread