Wiki Posts
Search

One Pass Maximizer / Elite Maximizer

Search this Thread

Old Nov 2, 2010, 3:01 pm
Original Poster

Programs: CO Platinum
One Pass Maximizer / Elite Maximizer

I ticketed using CO.com today and when reviewing the reservation noticed an option to buy additional One Pass miles which I had not seen before. It also refers to an Elite Maximizer option which adds Elite miles as well as base miles if you opt for it.

There is no mention of how Elite Maximizer actually works, though there is reference to it on the website in the 'Buy/Transfer Points or Miles' section.

Anyone know the details ?

Thanks in advance as always.
Old Nov 2, 2010, 3:04 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K MM; BA Silver; Marriott Plat
Discussed in detail here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/conti...ds-merged.html
Old Nov 2, 2010, 3:09 pm

Programs: AA EXP 1M, Marriott LT Platinum, Hyatt Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hertz President Circle
There are a few extensive links on here (search for Continental Elite Maximizer) .... the short answer from me looking at it

1. You select if you want to earn double or triple miles on your purchase (this is similar to AA "Mileage Multipler" (i.e. RDM)
2. Once you select (1), then the next selection gives you the option of also collecting elite miles (i.e. EQM).

As an example ... an IND-IAH-SJC-IAH-IND with full RDM+EQM (triple) cost $1080 on an $838 B Fare ..... so when done I could collect (RT = 1608+835)

~7,359 "EQM" Elite Miles (B = 1.5x ratio)
~9,812 "RDM" Normal Miles (Plt 2x upsize)
+
14,718 EQM Elite Maximizer
14,718 RDM Elite Maximizer

+22,077 EQM and 24,530 RDM .....

So theoretically ...I can fly 4 weeks on a B fare from IND with this option and have platinum ... and 5 weeks have have the 100K SWU .... which would come to about $9,080 for Plt + 4 SWU .... [assuming 808 B fares as I have seen them in Jan ....]

note: This will be on Continental One Pass .... not your united account (though the folks can correct me)

cheers,

+-ADT
Originally Posted by UK1A
I ticketed using CO.com today and when reviewing the reservation noticed an option to buy additional One Pass miles which I had not seen before. It also refers to an Elite Maximizer option which adds Elite miles as well as base miles if you opt for it.

There is no mention of how Elite Maximizer actually works, though there is reference to it on the website in the 'Buy/Transfer Points or Miles' section.

Anyone know the details ?

Thanks in advance as always.
Old Nov 2, 2010, 3:10 pm

Programs: DL PM, UA AG, WN A, MR Life PL, HH DI, Avis P+, 7*
Yes, and they will continuously keep pimping this overpriced (at .03/mi) product. You only get the Elite Maximizer deal if you are a big enough sucker to purchase the One Pass Maximizer. For some reason, I didn't get that far.

Just in case your monitor blinded you at check-in, or you checked in at the airport or via telephone, they will generously give you two more cracks at purchasing this amazing product. Apparently one attempt at pimpage ("pimp-aaaahhhzzzz") was insufficient (which is why I'm offering the surly reply to this, but nothing against the OP).

You know, when Jeffrey took over, he was cold and emotionless. Now, not only is he smiling in the safety video (was this at gunpoint?), he's doing Monty Hall with the miles. What's next, the miles, the door or Curtain #3? They going to resurrect Cal Worthington from the dead to pitch this amazing offer?
Old Nov 2, 2010, 4:00 pm

Programs: CO Pres. Plat, SPG
Oh, I can see it now. One lucky buyer each day (or from each airport, etc) will get a random 2x, 4x or 10x bonus on miles earned if they purchase the maximizer.
Old Nov 2, 2010, 4:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA, LY, BA, AA
Originally Posted by marklyon
Oh, I can see it now. One lucky buyer each day (or from each airport, etc) will get a random 2x, 4x or 10x bonus on miles earned if they purchase the maximizer.
That would be awesome! You mean though, that if someone purchases the elite maximizer, than they get additional bonus reward miles? Still sounds good!
Old Nov 2, 2010, 4:15 pm

Originally Posted by joshwex90
That would be awesome! You mean though, that if someone purchases the elite maximizer, than they get additional bonus reward miles? Still sounds good!
Exactly. Sort of a raffle to encourage people to buy the maximizer. if you buy, you're entered. If you get the EQM, maybe you get two entries.
Old Nov 2, 2010, 4:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA, LY, BA, AA
Exactly. Sort of a raffle to encourage people to buy the maximizer. if you buy, you're entered. If you get the EQM, maybe you get two entries.
^ I like it! Though someone who only buys the regular miles shouldn't be entered. If you buy the elite miles, you're entered to win additional bonuses on your flight, with perhaps 1 grand prize of 10X, a couple 4X...
Old Nov 2, 2010, 4:24 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA Priemier Gold
Anything that links collecting miles with gambling is right in my addiction wheel house! Just add in the possibility of winning free in-flight cocktails and it's the trifecta!!
Old Nov 2, 2010, 4:54 pm

Programs: Continental Platinum Elite, Delta Platinum Elite, SPG Gold,Global Entry, Hertz #1 Club Gold
maximizer

I think this is a great offer, but it's a bit expensive. A good option to help earn points etc..

However, I feel like there's a beggar following me around these days on Continental. I don't need email reminders, and TWO prompts to purchase at the airport kiosk or checking in on line reminding me (are you SSSSUUUURE you don't want to buy more miles??).
Old Nov 2, 2010, 4:55 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM | Marriott LTT | National Car EE
Originally Posted by tegelad
There are a few extensive links on here (search for Continental Elite Maximizer) .... the short answer from me looking at it

1. You select if you want to earn double or triple miles on your purchase (this is similar to AA "Mileage Multipler" (i.e. RDM)
2. Once you select (1), then the next selection gives you the option of also collecting elite miles (i.e. EQM).

As an example ... an IND-IAH-SJC-IAH-IND with full RDM+EQM (triple) cost $1080 on an $838 B Fare ..... so when done I could collect (RT = 1608+835)

~7,359 "EQM" Elite Miles (B = 1.5x ratio)
~9,812 "RDM" Normal Miles (Plt 2x upsize)
+
14,718 EQM Elite Maximizer
14,718 RDM Elite Maximizer

+22,077 EQM and 24,530 RDM .....

So theoretically ...I can fly 4 weeks on a B fare from IND with this option and have platinum ... and 5 weeks have have the 100K SWU .... which would come to about $9,080 for Plt + 4 SWU .... [assuming 808 B fares as I have seen them in Jan ....]

note: This will be on Continental One Pass .... not your united account (though the folks can correct me)

cheers,

+-ADT
from what i recall, the maximizer bonus RDMs/EQMs is calculated from the base mileage, excluding the 50 pct Y/B bonus.
Old Nov 2, 2010, 5:35 pm

Programs: DL PM, UA AG, WN A, MR Life PL, HH DI, Avis P+, 7*
LOL! Did I get lost and stumble on to the Total Rewards forum by mistake?
Old Nov 2, 2010, 5:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: AA Plat / UA NOTHING / Alaska 75K / Hyatt Diamond / SPG LT Plat / Marriott Gold / Priority Club Plat / Hertz Pres
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8530/5.0.0.654 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/104)

Anyone know if you can dbl the Elite Qualifying POINTS as well as miles or is this a Elite/Redeemable "miles" only deal?
Old Nov 2, 2010, 5:42 pm

You have to buy miles first, then it offers EQM. No EQP.
Old Nov 2, 2010, 7:40 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Priority Club Plat
You can even double or triple on reward travel, both base and elite miles. I have a trip to BCN in December that if I triple with elite miles would get me silver. All in for the low, low price of $2200.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.