CO/UA Competition with Southwest

Old Oct 27, 10, 12:48 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Mileage Plus Gold
CO/UA Competition with Southwest

Southwest recently announced adding HOU-CHS service in March. Any chance CO/UA will bring down the IAH-CHS fares?
Old Oct 27, 10, 1:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Diamond, B6 Mosaic, AS MPV Gold, UA Gold MM, Marriott Plat, SPG Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite
Originally Posted by JD3030 View Post
Southwest recently announced adding HOU-CHS service in March. Any chance CO/UA will bring down the IAH-CHS fares?
You know they will, but only for dates on or after the WN service starts. If you look at dates that far into the future, you'll likely see the fares have already dropped.
Old Oct 27, 10, 3:25 pm

Programs: DL 0.22 MM, AA 0.34 MM, PC Plat Amb, Hertz #1 GC 5*
Originally Posted by ssullivan View Post
You know they will, but only for dates on or after the WN service starts. If you look at dates that far into the future, you'll likely see the fares have already dropped.
And sometimes time of day of flights.

I've seen many hub->stations with multiple daily flights, that had only the matching flights with close times be impacted by the WN flights. For instance, flights 1/2/4/5 would be legacy costs, and flight 3 would be discounted.
Old Oct 27, 10, 3:30 pm

Programs: HH Gold, AA Gold
Originally Posted by sbagdon View Post
And sometimes time of day of flights.

I've seen many hub->stations with multiple daily flights, that had only the matching flights with close times be impacted by the WN flights. For instance, flights 1/2/4/5 would be legacy costs, and flight 3 would be discounted.
I'm sure that CO/UA will match selectively.

Search this Thread