EWR-FRA-WAW - baggage connection time

Old Oct 26, 10, 10:49 pm
Original Poster

Programs: CO Platinum, Hyatt Platinum
EWR-FRA-WAW - baggage connection time

Traveling EWR- FRA- WAW (Warsaw). Have to check a piece of luggage that's related to my presentation (3 hours after I land). Connection time is 2 hours - first leg is CO, second leg is on LH.

Anyone have experience connecting in Frankfurt?

Thanks!!

AVIZ
Old Oct 27, 10, 8:02 am

Thumbs up Go with FedEx

Chances are, your bag will be fine, but why take the chance? FedEx the package to yourself in WAW a few days in advance, and use the tracking number to ensure it's there, waiting for you upon arrival. Hotels are used to this, and if you write "Please hold for guest John Smith arriving 1 Nov 10", you'll be a-ok.

Let's be honest, LH/*A ops in FRA are waaaaaaay better than AF ops ever were in CDG, when CO was in SkyTeam, and to that end, 2 hrs will be more than sufficient to get you through baggage claim, customs, re-check, etc. if your flights are on-time. That said, what happens if your flight is delayed due to ATC in EWR, and you only have 30 min to connect in FRA? That won't be FRA's fault, but your checked bag probably won't make it.

My advice is to FedEx the package in advance, and then just travel with a carry-on.
Old Oct 27, 10, 5:07 pm
Original Poster

Programs: CO Platinum, Hyatt Platinum
Well... the issue is that Fedex wants around $700 to deliver my package.
Old Oct 27, 10, 5:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: A menace to everything in the sky. Yes. Even birds.
Programs: Eh+ Rapid Rolleyes
2 hours is more than sufficient in FRA and the risk is no greater than making a connection at any other efficient major hub airport in the world.

But, if you can't risk having your bag lost, then keep anything you need with you.

Or fly a day in advance.
Old Oct 28, 10, 7:05 pm

Programs: AA Plat
I just flew EWR-FRA, then to BRU on LH. The connection was simple- a 5 quick jaunt through passport control, then security, and around the corner to the short hop LH flights. If your connection time is 2 hours in FRA, it shouldn't be a problem.

BUT- the key word is shouldn't. Things can always happen. Could you do your critical items as carryon?

For navigating FRA- listen to the experts and Follow the Signs. Do not think logically, just follow the signs.

Search this Thread