Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Continental OnePass (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

upgrades on UA flights-how are we notified?

Old Oct 25, 10, 10:34 am
Original Poster

Going to be on united flight this week. First one since the announcement of reciprocal upgrades. So my CO # is in the reservation but have no clue on how, when we find out? Do we just hope it happens or will we get the email like normal?

anyone have proof it works?
Old Oct 25, 10, 10:59 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry9630/5.0.0.591 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105)

I was notified in person by a UA Gate Agent. Of course, I was already on the plane so that made sense.

If you booked prior to October 12 you need to call in to have them add you to the UDU list. If it is a new booking no need to worry about that. If you have the UA PNR you can check the reservation on the UA site and see if it is listed as queued for the upgrade.
Old Oct 25, 10, 11:00 am

Programs: CO PPlat, United GS, Marriott Plat, HH Diamond, SPG Platinum
Upgraded on LAX-SFO

Originally Posted by mybagfits View Post
Going to be on united flight this week. First one since the announcement of reciprocal upgrades. So my CO # is in the reservation but have no clue on how, when we find out? Do we just hope it happens or will we get the email like normal?

I actually receive an upgrade on my flight last night from LAX-SFO. I didn't get a notification; however I logged into United.com to print my boarding pass (a codeshare flight segment for CO) and I found out I had been automatically upgraded. No e-mail or notification but the upgrade had processed.
Old Oct 25, 10, 11:03 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by sbm12 View Post
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry9630/5.0.0.591 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105)

I was notified in person by a UA Gate Agent. Of course, I was already on the plane so that made sense.

If you booked prior to October 12 you need to call in to have them add you to the UDU list. If it is a new booking no need to worry about that. If you have the UA PNR you can check the reservation on the UA site and see if it is listed as queued for the upgrade.
So i called united but since i am dirt with mileage plus, i got their over seas call center and they had no clue what I was talking about. They asked me if I was interested in joining mileage plus and starting talking about how i could earn free trips

I imagine we can't call one pass elite line?
Old Oct 25, 10, 11:16 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Actually the CO elite line can transfer you to the appropriate group at UA.
Old Oct 25, 10, 11:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 2MM; AS MVP Gold 75K
There probably won't be a notification. Back when CO/NW were doing reciprocal upgrades, you didn't get any notifications of partner upgrades. You just had to keep an eye on it.

Once they get integrated, the notifications should work since both carriers notify.
Old Oct 25, 10, 11:34 am

Programs: UA MileagePlus dirt (former hard-way Silver); AS Mileage Plan MVP; Hilton Honors Silver
So i called united but since i am dirt with mileage plus, i got their over seas call center and they had no clue what I was talking about. They asked me if I was interested in joining mileage plus and starting talking about how i could earn free trips

I had the same issue initially - the agent I spoke to in their Indian call center tried to tell me that because I'd already been moved to E+, I'd already received my 'upgrade'. I had to get real specific, use the term "UDU" over and over, and even mention October 12 a couple of times before he got it. By the time I'd gotten through the Hertz pitch at the end of the call, my res was showing "Upgrade: Pending".
Old Oct 25, 10, 11:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: A menace to everything in the sky. Yes. Even birds.
Programs: Eh+ Rapid Rolleyes
Originally Posted by channa View Post
There probably won't be a notification.
Too bad UA can't invest in a "cheap and simple" solution like a PDA site. :-:

To answer the OP's question: GID, if you're not upgraded by the time you print your BP.
Old Oct 25, 10, 11:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by belynch View Post
To answer the OP's question: GID, if you're not upgraded by the time you print your BP.
Yes and no. There's a nuance with that depending on how you receive your upgrade.
Old Oct 25, 10, 11:56 am

Yes and no. There's a nuance with that depending on how you receive your upgrade.
Been checking my JAX-ORD, was NF2, 100 window hit, now NF0, so I guess all we can do is wait till the flight Friday, 3 seats left in F.
Old Oct 25, 10, 12:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by usa18dca View Post
Been checking my JAX-ORD, was NF2, 100 window hit, now NF0, so I guess all we can do is wait till the flight Friday, 3 seats left in F.
They release seats whenever. Your upgrade should have flipped to Upgrade: Waitlisted.

The beauty of the waitlist is that anytime a seat opens up, the next person on the waitlist will process. We don't have to worry about whether Scott remembered to feed the hamsters that spin the wheel that powers the EUA computer.
Old Oct 25, 10, 12:26 pm

They release seats whenever. Your upgrade should have flipped to Upgrade: Waitlisted.

The beauty of the waitlist is that anytime a seat opens up, the next person on the waitlist will process. We don't have to worry about whether Scott remembered to feed the hamsters that spin the wheel that powers the EUA computer.
Mine still shows Upgrade: Pending then again I am outside the 72 hour window.
Old Oct 25, 10, 11:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); still teleworking with the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.3MM; AS MVPG 75K

two days prior to flight the ua.comrecord said "Waitlisted" but the only reason I know this is that I looked ... no email, no call, no nothing ...

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/conti...l#post14992898
Old Oct 26, 10, 6:05 am
Suspended

Programs: CO Plat, SPG Gold

Oh dear. I hope that isn't the service we can come to expect from the new UA. But I fear it is. And before all the UA apologists scream that the call center is for non elites and the CO apologists scream that you can go through the trouble of calling the onepass elite line and get transferred, I am betting that in the very short order (next 2 years) the new UA funnels all calls except for the UA Presidential Platinums to the Indian call center.
Old Oct 26, 10, 7:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: A menace to everything in the sky. Yes. Even birds.
Programs: Eh+ Rapid Rolleyes
Originally Posted by gawhite411 View Post
the new UA funnels all calls except for the UA Presidential Platinums to the Indian call center.
And I fear blimps. They're so menacing. And stealthy.

For years they've been covertly circling our stadiums, waiting for just the right time, when they will swoop in, and destroy us all.

Please everyone. Consider this a call to arms. Grab a dart. The time is 'nigh!

Search this Thread
Search Engine: