Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Continental OnePass (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

How indirect geographically can a Europe stopover be?

Old Oct 23, 10, 2:28 pm
Original Poster

The Onepass rules allow one stopover (I assume that means 1 per round trip). The CO site also states that "Stopover Rewards allow you to take a scheduled break in travel on the route between your point of origin and your destination city."

If I'm in Barcelona, I assume that Lisbon could be a stopover. But what about London or Dublin? Is it worth asking if somewhere in the wrong direction is possible (Prague, Athens, etc.)?

I also plan to be in Strasbourg, so I could plan to be there at the end (and Barcelona at the beginning) and make more locations available "on the route" when I'm returning.

Anyone have experience with trying a not-so-direct route?

Thanks for your insight.
Old Oct 23, 10, 2:31 pm

Programs: CO Plat; UA 1K; EK Gold
Welcome to FT!

I think SBM12 answered your similar question in this thread:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/conti...ds-flight.html

Try to see if you can similar questions in one thread. Will make it easier for everyone.
Old Oct 23, 10, 3:43 pm
Original Poster

Thanks for the response

Thanks. You're absolutely right. I didn't realize that I needed to choose to get emails when people reply, so I did in fact set up a second, less detailed question because I thought my first question had faded off into the sunset. In the future that won't happen.

I just found the board and joined yesterday and have already found it very helpful.
Old Oct 23, 10, 3:53 pm

Programs: CO Plat; UA 1K; EK Gold
Originally Posted by TornCalfGuy View Post
Thanks. You're absolutely right. I didn't realize that I needed to choose to get emails when people reply, so I did in fact set up a second, less detailed question because I thought my first question had faded off into the sunset. In the future that won't happen.

I just found the board and joined yesterday and have already found it very helpful.
You are welcome!

If you simply "subscribe" to a thread..when you log-in to "My flyertalk" any updated subscribed threads will appear on the front page.

Or you can choose to get emails too.

Enjoy this forum! and ask any travel related questions you have. There is always someone with the experience to give you an answer!

Search this Thread
Search Engine: