Community
Wiki Posts
Search

CO Flight / Trip Insurance

Search this Thread

Old Oct 10, 2010, 12:55 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K, 1MM; IHG Spire; HH Diamond; Marriott Gold (UA); National Executive Elite
CO Flight / Trip Insurance

So I often take CO up on their offer of trip insurance when I book personal flights. I'm not sure whether there are better deals out there, but CO's is certainly convenient.

However per my other recent posts I recently spent 1707USD plus 4 SWUs on a roundtrip to the UK for my wife and I in BF, and this combination seems to have upset their system.

Dear Valued Customer,

Thank you for choosing Access America Travel Insurance recently while booking travel on the Continental Airlines website. Unfortunately, we were unable to process the transaction successfully, but you can easily complete your purchase for this valuable coverage by visiting www.etravelprotection.com/continental.

If you are still experiencing difficulties making your purchase online, please e-mail us at [email protected] or call us at (800) 496-6821. We are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.

If you would like more information on the Access America Travel Insurance program, or any other Continental Airlines products, please visit www.etravelprotection.com/continental and click on "Products".

Thanks again!

Sincerely,

Customer Service

So the plan is to call them next week, unless someone has a better idea how I can protect this trip for a sane amount of money?
Old Oct 10, 2010, 12:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 2MM; AS MVP Gold 75K
They're probably doing you a favor. Trip insurance seldom pays off. And when it does, there are usually deductibles and cumbersome procedures to follow just for them to try to deny your claim on some technicality.

I'm certainly not willing to pay money to an insurance company for nominal protection like that.
Old Oct 10, 2010, 5:53 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K, 1MM; IHG Spire; HH Diamond; Marriott Gold (UA); National Executive Elite
Noted.

But 1700 bucks, not to mention the SWUs, is a lot to lose if something unexpected crops up.

There must be something out there.
Old Oct 10, 2010, 6:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAPlat; *Gold; Hyatt Diam; SPG Plat; PWP goddess
Originally Posted by Motorskills
So I often take CO up on their offer of trip insurance when I book personal flights. I'm not sure whether there are better deals out there, but CO's is certainly convenient.

However per my other recent posts I recently spent 1707USD plus 4 SWUs on a roundtrip to the UK for my wife and I in BF, and this combination seems to have upset their system.

So the plan is to call them next week, unless someone has a better idea how I can protect this trip for a sane amount of money?
You could take a look here & see, for comparison purposes, what your options are.
Old Oct 12, 2010, 7:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 2MM; AS MVP Gold 75K
Originally Posted by Motorskills
Noted.

But 1700 bucks, not to mention the SWUs, is a lot to lose if something unexpected crops up.

There must be something out there.

Lose?

If you cancel the trip, the SWUs would go back in your account, no?

And if you cancel, all you're out is the change fee, which is what $200 a person? Then you can keep the credit for future flight(s).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.