Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Continental OnePass (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

GG CHECKPOINT line 65 (updated as of May 2013)

GG CHECKPOINT line 65 (updated as of May 2013)

Old Sep 29, 2011, 8:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by channa
Is this even new?

UA's policy has always been not to allow gate passes for RCC (traditionally you even had to be flying UA or partner to use your paid membership, though that part has been relaxed).

CO has always allowed gate passes.
I just got a gate pass at EWR from CO, using a US Airways Club. Never an issue, though I get weird looks using that card. So I give my CO Gold card as well, so they know I'm 'one of them'.
Old Sep 29, 2011, 9:08 am

Programs: UA, AA, DL, Hertz, Avis, National, Hyatt, Hilton, SPG, Marriott
Originally Posted by channa
Is this even new?

UA's policy has always been not to allow gate passes for RCC (traditionally you even had to be flying UA or partner to use your paid membership, though that part has been relaxed).

CO has always allowed gate passes.
My concern is the United Club language. Obviously this page was updated recently, unless some kind of RCC -> United Club "replace all" operation was carried out irrespective of context.

If this is the case, it's even more bizarre that UA, in a published forum, would cite to a nonexistent TSA regulation to support its position.
Old Sep 29, 2011, 10:06 am

Programs: UA - 1K, DL - Plat
Originally Posted by EWR764
My concern is the United Club language. Obviously this page was updated recently, unless some kind of RCC -> United Club "replace all" operation was carried out irrespective of context.

If this is the case, it's even more bizarre that UA, in a published forum, would cite to a nonexistent TSA regulation to support its position.
I've been denied gate passes at ORD on numerous occasions since the PC closed. I've never found a UA agent who will issue PC members gate pass there.

Best of luck!
Old Sep 29, 2011, 8:38 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by love_to_travel
Looks like the days of unrestricted gate passes are coming to and end. Going forward it looks like you need to reserve a conference room ($60-$80/hour) in order to get gate passes. See this.
There are two ways to read this. One is that you must rent a conference room to prove you have a business need to use the club. The other is that renting a room is one way to demonstrate that need. I've had no problem previously getting a pass at JFK to sit in the club for a few hours. And that was with a PClub membership.

I'd wait for an official statement clarifying the language before sharpening my pitchfork and lighting my torch on this one.
Old Sep 29, 2011, 8:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 2MM; AS MVP Gold 75K
Originally Posted by EWR764
That's what I'm thinking -- search and replace. They renamed the clubs today, so it's possible that's all that happened.

Remember CO is a marketing company that also happens to fly planes. They don't care if everything is the same so long as the names and logos are consistent.

Originally Posted by sbm12
I'd wait for an official statement clarifying the language before sharpening my pitchfork and lighting my torch on this one.
+1
Old Sep 30, 2011, 1:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium

+1

I would be happy if UA extended this benefit to those wishing to access the lounges. There have been several times that I've gotten to the airport so early, spending thirty minutes relaxing in the lounge, while waiting for them to arrive, would be enjoyable.
Old Sep 30, 2011, 4:17 am

Programs: Flying Nut
I will have a CO-worker check this tomorrow and report back if the language has changed any.
Old Sep 30, 2011, 4:27 am

Programs: United Gold
Originally Posted by Scott6067
I will have a CO-worker check this tomorrow and report back if the language has changed any.
That would be awesome. Thanks!
Old Sep 30, 2011, 5:00 am

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Rewards - LTPP
Originally Posted by Scott6067
I'll be in the IAH pclub tomorrow and will ask as well.
Old Oct 6, 2011, 5:54 am

Programs: many
Originally Posted by njcommodore
I'll be in the IAH pclub tomorrow and will ask as well.
What was the outcome?
Old Oct 6, 2011, 6:03 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Scott6067 reported somewhere that the entry still exists in SHARES. I don't remember where, but he did confirm it.
Old Jan 7, 2012, 3:49 pm

Programs: United Million Miler 1K, Etihad Gold & whatever baglady tells me to join
Scott6067 reported somewhere that the entry still exists in SHARES. I don't remember where, but he did confirm it.
Holy cow did I get grief today at IAH trying to get a gatepass. Went through 2 GAs and finally a redcoat before I got a pass. One of the GAs even made a phone call and whoever was on the other end told them no joy.

Yikes.

Oh, and hi everybody.
Old Jan 7, 2012, 6:19 pm

Programs: UA - 1K, DL - Plat
Smile Very Odd

Originally Posted by Plus1
Holy cow did I get grief today at IAH trying to get a gatepass. Went through 2 GAs and finally a redcoat before I got a pass. One of the GAs even made a phone call and whoever was on the other end told them no joy.

Yikes.

Oh, and hi everybody.
I posted earlier in this thread regarding my problems with getting a gate pass at ORD now that the PC closed. To my absolute delight I was given a gate pass this past weekend without any argument or need to change agents! Good luck, but this is a very positive change in the integration in my book!

-Chris
Old Jan 7, 2012, 7:30 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Platinum, Hertz Gold 1 Presidence Circle
Originally Posted by Plus1

Yikes.

Oh, and hi everybody.
It is hit or miss at IAH - some agents are clueless and insisit that they had been working for CO for over 10 years and never heard of such a policy. Imagine their look when I mention GG Check Point 53 - they don't believe it and call for a sup to verify the code...

Best if you have PC # and have the agent call them - doesn't hurt that I know most of all PC agents. They will straighten out immediately.
Old Jan 7, 2012, 8:14 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Rewards - LTPP
Originally Posted by TXbizman
It is hit or miss at IAH - some agents are clueless and insisit that they had been working for CO for over 10 years and never heard of such a policy. Imagine their look when I mention GG Check Point 53 - they don't believe it and call for a sup to verify the code...

Best if you have PC # and have the agent call them - doesn't hurt that I know most of all PC agents. They will straighten out immediately.
That's only helpful at legacy PCs, legacy RCCs don't publish phone #s.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.