Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Continental OnePass (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

Score!!! Co Elite Line now has the United Elite phone #

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Score!!! Co Elite Line now has the United Elite phone #

Search this Thread

Old Oct 1, 2010, 7:40 pm
Original Poster

Thumbs up Score!!! Co Elite Line now has the United Elite phone #

After a very horrible, grueling hour long attempt at booking a military fare with the folks at the Indian call center, my confidence that the guy did it correctly AND got my CO OP# in was zero, so I called the Co Elite line to see if they could see my new rez and they told me that today they were briefed and supplied with the Elite line phone # of United . Our Elite rep transferred me and and stayed on the line and when it asked me for my Elite mileage plus# I tried putting in my PLat OP# and of course that didn't work but I was transferred to the Elite line. The rep couldn't have been nicer. He also gave me the Elite line phone #. After hanging up I called it and got it! As a matter of fact the woman that answered the elite line was very excited and said "Wow you are my first Continental elite" I made her day when I told her I was just testing the # and didn't need anything. Now I don't know if this is kosher but the first elite person told me it was ok to give it out now that we are "The New United" so here goes... it is 800.####### Bye, Bye Indian call centers. Great start on day 1

Last edited by MBM3; Nov 2, 2010 at 8:14 am
Old Oct 1, 2010, 7:48 pm

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by ann patrice
After a very horrible, grueling hour long attempt at booking a military fare with the folks at the Indian call center, my confidence that the guy did it correctly AND got my CO OP# in was zero, so I called the Co Elite line to see if they could see my new rez and they told me that today they were briefed and supplied with the Elite line phone # of United . Our Elite rep transferred me and and stayed on the line and when it asked me for my Elite mileage plus# I tried putting in my PLat OP# and of course that didn't work but I was transferred to the Elite line. The rep couldn't have been nicer. He also gave me the Elite line phone #. After hanging up I called it and got it! As a matter of fact the woman that answered the elite line was very excited and said "Wow you are my first Continental elite" I made her day when I told her I was just testing the # and didn't need anything. Now I don't know if this is kosher but the first elite person told me it was ok to give it out now that we are "The New United" so here goes... it is 800.####### Bye, Bye Indian call centers. Great start on day 1
Great score! Thanks for posting.

Last edited by MBM3; Nov 2, 2010 at 8:15 am
Old Nov 1, 2010, 10:49 am

800-####### FAIL!!!!

Without a MP number I was still shunted to the ICC, however the CO Elite caleed UA 4 Me and fixed it.

Still a work in progress.

Dan

Old Nov 1, 2010, 12:10 pm

Programs: CO Plat; UA 1K; EK Gold
Originally Posted by dan1431
800-####### FAIL!!!!

Without a MP number I was still shunted to the ICC, however the CO Elite caleed UA 4 Me and fixed it.

Dan
yes, you need the CO elite line to call the UA elite line (at least for now...).

Old Nov 1, 2010, 1:31 pm
nnn

Programs: All-Around Kettle
UA "elite lines" verify your MP number, just like the general number. IME, with UA the only real difference between the various phone numbers is what the automated guy says at the beginning of the call.
Old Nov 1, 2010, 2:43 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MMer & LT UC (when flying UA); Hyatt Credit Cardist; HHonors Diamond; Marriott Gold via UA 1K
I called this number the other day, and got excellent service! ^

Thanks for posting it.
Old Nov 1, 2010, 3:05 pm

Programs: UA 1MM Gold, Hhonors Gold, Bonvoy Gold, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by dan1431
800-####### FAIL!!!!

Dan
I have not gotten bounced to the ICC using the elite phone number listed up-thread yet. I have gotten wonderful United States-based agents who have been wonderful and friendly so far. Don't know what I'm doing correctly!

Last edited by MBM3; Nov 2, 2010 at 8:16 am
Old Nov 1, 2010, 7:15 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott GLD, HH PLT, Hertz 5*
Tried the number today, got bounced around as I was trying to get an agent withouth my MR number. Eventually went through the Upgrades menu then pressed 1.

Call was answered by a very professional lady, who got me Economy Plus seats, and confirmed that the computer had already placed me on upgrade list.

So, why can the upgrade be automatic, but E+ seats not?

BM
Old Nov 1, 2010, 7:36 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K MM; BA Silver; Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by burtonmadness
So, why can the upgrade be automatic, but E+ seats not?

BM
Most likely because it requires website updates which just haven't been made yet.

Although it does appear that you can choose E+ seats during OLCI now without any incorrect fee messages.
Old Nov 1, 2010, 8:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Yeah, I wrote about this transfer option from the CO elite line to the UA elite line a couple weeks ago. It's very helpful because you avoid the usually attrocious service from the India call center (and, by the way, is Smisek doing anything about this?).

You do need to have them make the transfer because if you dial it yourself (one agent gave me the number) you don't "get anywhere" without an elite MP number.

A few CO agents are still unfamiliar with the transfer process. If you get one of these, you can ask them to look up the information. Of course, it might be quicker to just call back and get an agent who knows how to do it instantaneously.
Old Nov 2, 2010, 8:14 am

It is policy not to post such numbers.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.