Wiki Posts
Search

Onepass Reward Redemption

Search this Thread

Old Sep 28, 2010, 5:58 am
Original Poster

Programs: SQ*G, BA, DL
Onepass Reward Redemption

Sorry if this seems like a silly question, but can one redeem a ticket under the (current) onepass program for a family member? Would I need to register the name of the person whom the reward is for? Thanks
Old Sep 28, 2010, 6:13 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Yes and no.

When making the booking you just specify the name of the passenger but otherwise nothing special.
Old Sep 28, 2010, 6:16 am

Programs: UA Silver, AA, Delta, SPG Gold, Marriott Sil., Hilton Gold, Hyatt Platinum, PC Platinum Ambassador
You can buy a reward ticket for anyone. You just have to put there name in at the time of purchase. That is important. If you allow your name to stand...you've redeemed a reward for yourself
Old Sep 28, 2010, 6:54 am

Programs: United 1k, SPG Plat & Ambassador, ClubCarlson Concierge
I just bought a reward ticket for my Fiance. Simply enter her name. I booked my flight with hotel points so i can still earn more miles! :-D
Old Aug 30, 2011, 7:55 pm
Original Poster

Programs: SQ*G, BA, DL
Thank you all for your replies. I just made my redemptions too for two family members on UA-CO. No issues at all except they require me to submit some documentations for verification (and probably to just cover their asses in case someone (i.e. I) later claims his account has been 'hacked').

(Oh I made a phone booking btw, as it's a star alliance award)
Old Aug 31, 2011, 5:01 am

Just a note, you can book Star Alliance awards online on Continental.com
Old Aug 31, 2011, 1:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by SAllen
Thank you all for your replies. I just made my redemptions too for two family members on UA-CO. No issues at all except they require me to submit some documentations for verification (and probably to just cover their asses in case someone (i.e. I) later claims his account has been 'hacked').

(Oh I made a phone booking btw, as it's a star alliance award)
I've never heard of verification like this. What did you say to the agent that might've made him/her ask for such documents?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.