Wiki Posts
Search

"We ran out of vodka."

Search this Thread

Old Sep 16, 2010, 1:23 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA GS; DL MM; Hyatt Diamond; Hilton Diamond; Avis First
"We ran out of vodka."

That from the FA as I sit in FC waiting to leave LAS. So, I say, "But we just boarded, how did you run out?"

"We came in from EWR and they drank it all," she says as though it makes all the sense in the world and I am clearly an idiot.

"Do you not cater the flight here in Las Vegas?" says I. "Yes, but they don't have vodka here either."

I shake my head and order a beer. It saddens me to see this kind of crap accelerating at CO.
Old Sep 16, 2010, 1:34 pm

I believe that the only stations that carry liquor for re-stocking are the Hubs. I know SFO doesn't have liquor.

You might wish to let WE CARE know so that the catering department can look at the stocking levels for this flight.
Old Sep 16, 2010, 1:39 pm
Moderator: Avis and Rental Cars

I often hear that on my flights regarding Disaronno! They usually only have a few, so I use 'em all on longer flights myself and they go quickly if someone else is having some.
Old Sep 16, 2010, 1:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: A menace to everything in the sky. Yes. Even birds.
Programs: Eh+ Rapid Rolleyes
Originally Posted by glcarter
It saddens me to see this kind of crap accelerating at CO.
Bring back the on-board distilleries.
Old Sep 16, 2010, 1:45 pm

Programs: AA-UA-AS IHG-SPG-Carlson
Same thing happened to me departing ANC in June,
except with Jack Daniels.

There was plenty of JD on the flight North, IAH-ANC,
but on boarding at ANC the FA said "they" had drank
it all on the way up, as if that was normal.

In fact, when I asked, she said that
it happened most of the time.

I didn't bother to complain, but maybe I
could have got some drink coupons.

Is the statute of limitations more than 90 days ?
Old Sep 16, 2010, 1:48 pm

Back in the day the HNL-YVR flights were known for running out of liquor before even getting half way across the Pacific. Our FAs would buy liquor at the Duty Free Shops in YVR for the return flight home. ^

The aircraft we used for this route was the perfect party plane. It was the DC10 with the Pub. So the FAs would mix pitchers of the customers favorite drinks and pour from that.
Old Sep 16, 2010, 1:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL SM Plat, B6 TrueBlue, UA MP, AAdvantage
Originally Posted by sfogate
You might wish to let WE CARE know so that the catering department can look at the stocking levels for this flight.
sgogate: You know I have the deepest respect for you, but I hope that last part was supposed to be a joke...

After all, with the way WE CARE works, anyone making that type of request is likely to land on some black list...
Old Sep 16, 2010, 1:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Under the Liberty Visual to 27L at PHL. Stranger in a strange land - a Devils fan in Flyers country.
Programs: PWP Le Chancelier des Clefs d'Or || Sarcasm, Anti-Stupidity, Obscure References top tier member.
Originally Posted by glcarter
That from the FA as I sit in FC waiting to leave LAS. So, I say, "But we just boarded, how did you run out?"

"We came in from EWR and they drank it all," she says as though it makes all the sense in the world and I am clearly an idiot.

"Do you not cater the flight here in Las Vegas?" says I. "Yes, but they don't have vodka here either."

I shake my head and order a beer. It saddens me to see this kind of crap accelerating at CO.
sbm12 did not arrive LAS today, so that's one vodka drinker eliminated as a suspect.
Old Sep 16, 2010, 1:55 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
I'm continually fascinated by the focus and importance placed on alcoholic beverages - is this a Flyertalk thing, or a reflection of society as a whole?
Old Sep 16, 2010, 1:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by bocastephen
I'm continually fascinated by the focus and importance placed on alcoholic beverages - is this a Flyertalk thing, or a reflection of society as a whole?
There is clearly a subset of people who seek out FC travel and facilities such as the Presidents Club for the "free" alcohol...

I suppose it drowns out the pain...
Old Sep 16, 2010, 1:56 pm

Programs: Alas, the Gravy Train Hath Ended...just happy to be an OW Sapphire and a ST Ivory...whatever
At least they didn't run out of scotch...
Old Sep 16, 2010, 1:57 pm

Originally Posted by TWA Fan 1
sgogate: You know I have the deepest respect for you, but I hope that last part was supposed to be a joke...

After all, with the way WE CARE works, anyone making that type of request is likely to land on some black list...
We don't have any Black List but I do know that certain names are talked about on Smith St.

And I am sure my picture is on a dart board in the Revenue Office over the FIMs I have issued during my career at CO. I love to move delayed people onto other airlines that have seats when we don't.
Old Sep 16, 2010, 1:59 pm

Originally Posted by bocastephen
On a side note, we also have a traveler that doesn't understand why we only board one pasta dish to South America.
Old Sep 16, 2010, 2:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by sfogate
We don't have any Black List but I do know that certain names are talked about on Smith St.

And I am sure my picture is on a dart board in the Revenue Office over the FIMs I have issued during my career at CO. I love to move delayed people onto other airlines that have seats when we don't.
That is why you are one of my heroes...what I've learned in my dew decades on this planet is that if you do the right thing you need to be prepared to battle the forces on the dark side...
Old Sep 16, 2010, 2:06 pm

Originally Posted by TWA Fan 1
That is why you are one of my heroes...what I've learned in my dew decades on this planet is that if you do the right thing you need to be prepared to battle the forces on the dark side...
Thank you for making me blush.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.