Community
Wiki Posts
Search

No Nonstops Today: IAH-HNL

Search this Thread

Old Sep 13, 2010, 11:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA Plat, lots of AA, AS, DL, UA miles, former top level CO Elite (sigh...)
No Nonstops Today: IAH-HNL

Noticed that CO 1 was "cancelled" today IAH-HNL while CO 73 IAH-HNL "does not operate on Mon., 9/13" - this according to the CO.com website. So, no nonstops today from IAH to HNL. However, CO 2 HNL-IAH is scheduled to operate while CO 72 is not operating today.

I'm guessing the IAH-HNL pax got routed via the west coast. And I'm sure hoping this does not happen to us when we fly on the route in several weeks.

Anyone have any info as to what happened today to cause the cancellation of CO 1?
Old Sep 13, 2010, 12:40 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA just 8800 mi short of Silver
Originally Posted by jlemon
Noticed that CO 1 was "cancelled" today IAH-HNL while CO 73 IAH-HNL "

And I'm sure hoping this does not happen to us when we fly on the route in several weeks.?
Come on, routing thru Los Angeles is fine. You get a comfy ride on a spacious 737 as a reward for saving up for your trip. And, it even gets into HNL 15 minutes ahead of the PanAm Clipper
Old Sep 13, 2010, 12:42 pm

Originally Posted by chasbondy
And, it even gets into HNL 15 minutes ahead of the PanAm Clipper
Honestly if I had a mile for each time I heard that I'd be a Million Miler
Old Sep 13, 2010, 12:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA Plat, lots of AA, AS, DL, UA miles, former top level CO Elite (sigh...)
Originally Posted by chasbondy
Come on, routing thru Los Angeles is fine. You get a comfy ride on a spacious 737 as a reward for saving up for your trip. And, it even gets into HNL 15 minutes ahead of the PanAm Clipper
I guess I should have known my post would engender this response....
Old Sep 13, 2010, 3:01 pm
Suspended

Noticed that CO 1 was "cancelled" today IAH-HNL while CO 73 IAH-HNL "does not operate on Mon., 9/13" - this according to the CO.com website. So, no nonstops today from IAH to HNL. However, CO 2 HNL-IAH is scheduled to operate while CO 72 is not operating today.

I'm guessing the IAH-HNL pax got routed via the west coast. And I'm sure hoping this does not happen to us when we fly on the route in several weeks.

Anyone have any info as to what happened today to cause the cancellation of CO 1?
I believe the 2 starts in GUM so thats why theres an aircraft for that HNL-IAH flight, so I take it if IAH-HNL #1 didnt get off then theres no HNL-GUM either, but when I just checked the HNL-GUM is operating just 3 hrs delayed due to maintance. So could be they knew the IAH-HNL wasnt going to go and sent an empty in from GUM does that make sense. I guess if they do a bang of a cargo biz and its perishables it does
Old Sep 13, 2010, 3:27 pm

Well the HNLGUM flt is using the aircraft tht operated flt 2 GUMHNL tht arrived HNL yesterday.
Old Sep 13, 2010, 5:25 pm

Programs: AS MVP 75K, DL Diamond, LH SEN, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Ambassador
Originally Posted by craz
I believe the 2 starts in GUM so thats why theres an aircraft for that HNL-IAH flight, so I take it if IAH-HNL #1 didnt get off then theres no HNL-GUM either, but when I just checked the HNL-GUM is operating just 3 hrs delayed due to maintance. So could be they knew the IAH-HNL wasnt going to go and sent an empty in from GUM does that make sense. I guess if they do a bang of a cargo biz and its perishables it does
Originally Posted by JOSECONLSCREW28
Well the HNLGUM flt is using the aircraft tht operated flt 2 GUMHNL tht arrived HNL yesterday.
I flew IAH-HNL-GUM-HNL-IAH in March and the same aircraft was used for IAH-HNL-GUM. On the return, however, there was an aircraft change in HNL. I am not sure if this is always the case, nor do I know if there are spare 764s in HNL or GUM.
Old Sep 13, 2010, 5:31 pm
Suspended

Just curious...any particular reason why you are interested in this bit of scheduling minutiae? It's a bit random, no?

And, yes, I am honestly curious.
Old Sep 13, 2010, 6:17 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP 2MM; Marriott Titanium; Hilton Diamond; Hyatt Explorist; Vistana 5* Elite; Nat'l Exec Elite
Originally Posted by JFKSFOLAX_friend
Just curious...any particular reason why you are interested in this bit of scheduling minutiae? It's a bit random, no?

Perhaps jlemon was flying BF on CO1 and would like to determine the frequency of this type of cancellation since F from IAH-LAX-HNL is not quite the same as BF from IAH-HNL. I know I wouldn't be happy if I were in that situation.
Old Sep 13, 2010, 6:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by JFKSFOLAX_friend

I have had nothing but problems with CO since I booked our reward tix to/from HNL last spring.

First, our wait list cleared but we were knocked out of our BF seats.

Then, CO 73 was cancelled months ahead of time with no reason given and we were knocked out of our BF seats again.

I'm planning on proposing to my long time ladyfriend once we get to the islands, so I've been watching these flights with great interest.

I hope this explanation is sufficient. And please don't tell Channa about this......
Old Sep 13, 2010, 6:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

!

Originally Posted by controller1
Perhaps jlemon was flying BF on CO1 and would like to determine the frequency of this type of cancellation since F from IAH-LAX-HNL is not quite the same as BF from IAH-HNL. I know I wouldn't be happy if I were in that situation.
Indeed, sir....and my Cajun ladyfriend (soon to be wife) would be unhappier still....

You know the old saying: She's happy, I'm happy!
Old Sep 13, 2010, 6:29 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA Gold
I have had nothing but problems with CO since I booked our reward tix to/from HNL last spring.

First, our wait list cleared but we were knocked out of our BF seats.

Then, CO 73 was cancelled months ahead of time with no reason given and we were knocked out of our BF seats again.

I'm planning on proposing to my long time ladyfriend once we get to the islands, so I've been watching these flights with great interest.

I hope this explanation is sufficient. And please don't tell Channa about this......
You're proposing to Channa?
Old Sep 13, 2010, 6:31 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP 2MM; Marriott Titanium; Hilton Diamond; Hyatt Explorist; Vistana 5* Elite; Nat'l Exec Elite
Originally Posted by DeaconFlyer
LMAO
Old Sep 13, 2010, 6:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by DeaconFlyer
Good Lord, no!

However, I'm not known for complaining about CO, by and large, so I did not want to give him any additional ammo! Whoops, I guess I did mention him....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.