Wiki Posts
Search

Star Alliance Mileage Tickets Changes

Search this Thread

Old Sep 8, 2010, 1:01 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K - 1MM, DL Gold - 2MM, AA Plat - 2MM
Star Alliance Mileage Tickets Changes

I am booking a mileage ticket with *A carriers. The outbound portion of my trip is not my ideal/preferred routing. The return is perfect.

If I book the ticket and later my preferred outbound routing becomes available is it easy to change? Has anyone had experience with this?

I know that sometimes when you change the outbound with CO you have to release the entire itinerary and rebook the ticket. CO can get the supervisor to hold the seats or make them available for the rebooking.

To change the outbound routing on *A itinerary, do they have to release the return and rebook everything?
Old Sep 8, 2010, 1:05 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

They can change just one direction now. It isn't so bad IMO. Depending on status and how far in advance you are changing and exactly what you are changing there might be a fee.
Old Sep 9, 2010, 5:51 pm

Programs: UA 1MM but covet Qatar Q-Suites
Yes, but...

Beware the "holding the other half of my res." Just because they CAN, doesn't mean they WILL. I had this problem with a HKG res that I had purchased with money and used miles to waitlist for u/g. Changed the res a month after I bought it, and wanted to keep the other half intact. But the rep deleted the entire res - "oops, sorry" and that was it.

So, just beware. You want an experienced rep. If yours sounds like they aren't, I would cancel the transaction and hang up, and dial back in.
Old Sep 10, 2010, 11:57 am

Programs: DL Silver, UA Silver, AMX Plat, Carlson Gold, SPG Gold
I have two *A award trips booked and have changed the routing. Each change makes it a little bit better. Check ANA for award availability on your preferred route, then call CO RTW desk and ask the very pleasant and expert agents there to change it. Changes are free until 21 days before first departure.

Last edited by MSPpete; Sep 11, 2010 at 8:04 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.