Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Continental OnePass (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

UA and CO online retail partners / also how long to post miles from website purchases

UA and CO online retail partners / also how long to post miles from website purchases

Old Aug 20, 2010, 3:04 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA Premier Gold, Starwood Gold, Plat AE, CO PP MC, Marriott Rewards Plat, Virgin Elevate Gold

Looks like CO has a wealth of shopping opportunities to earn miles - walmart.com, target.com, bestbuy.com, etc. - places I shop all the time.

YOu can make a purchase as inexpensive as a $1 or $2 to earn OnePass miles.

However, on United, it looks like there are much fewer choices.

Any hunches on whether the new program partners with the current CO partners , or cut some of them out.

I wonder how much of a money maker it is for retail partners and CO?

I also bought something on walmart.com and bestbuy.com - any ideas on how long it takes to post miles?

thx!
Old Aug 20, 2010, 3:09 pm

Posting times vary greatly by the vendor. I can assure you Sears.com is taking their time getting my miles posted. I'm now 9 weeks in :/ Opened a case with Continental 2-3 weeks ago.

I've had good experiences with Best Buy points posting quickly.

I hope they keep this program around or even expand it! I would love to see a gas partner. Anytime you pay for your gas with your Co Credit Card you get double miles.
Old Aug 20, 2010, 5:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 2MM; AS MVP Gold 75K
Originally Posted by caseminole
Looks like CO has a wealth of shopping opportunities to earn miles - walmart.com, target.com, bestbuy.com, etc. - places I shop all the time.

YOu can make a purchase as inexpensive as a $1 or $2 to earn OnePass miles.

However, on United, it looks like there are much fewer choices.
Huh?

All three (3) of your examples are on the MileagePlus Mall as well.
Old Aug 20, 2010, 6:17 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP 2MM; Marriott Titanium; Hilton Diamond; Hyatt Explorist; Vistana 5* Elite; Nat'l Exec Elite
Originally Posted by caseminole

I also bought something on walmart.com and bestbuy.com - any ideas on how long it takes to post miles?

thx!
I made a purchase on walmart.com on 7/19 and the miles posted today.
Old Aug 20, 2010, 6:21 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA Premier Gold, Starwood Gold, Plat AE, CO PP MC, Marriott Rewards Plat, Virgin Elevate Gold
channa, you are correct. I didnt know the Mileage Plus Mall even existed.

When you click the "Earn Miles" tab on united.com, I dont see a a link for this!

The retail partners link

http://www.united.com/page/article/0...=11retailgifts

only displays a handful.

So it looks like MP has the same earning opportunities, I just dont see how they link to it???????

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.