Wiki Posts
Search

Stranded DTW - Need Advice

Search this Thread

Old Aug 16, 2010, 10:40 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1PP MM
Stranded DTW - Need Advice

My sister is at DTW. Got ticket through Priceline. One way DTW - IAH. Delta code share

Cofirmation number through CO.

She missed flight because she went to CO instead of Delta, differnt terminals.

Should she just be able to stand by on CO not Delta - because it's CO paper?

Thanks
Old Aug 16, 2010, 10:44 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

I'm pretty sure that CO and DL no longer codeshare on any operations.

As for what she should get and where she should go, Delta is going to be more inclined to handle it since she was originally booked on a DL flight but there are no guarantees that either one will accommodate her.
Old Aug 16, 2010, 11:20 am
Original Poster

It was DL DTW to ATL an CO from ATL to IAH.

I agree on the "no longer codeshare" so why would the reservation have printed on CO paper?
Old Aug 16, 2010, 11:29 am

Originally Posted by mnmme
It was DL DTW to ATL an CO from ATL to IAH.

I agree on the "no longer codeshare" so why would the reservation have printed on CO paper?
It was an interline ticket, not a codeshare. There wasn't a CO flight number on the DTW-ATL flight, was there?

It is possible to have multiple airlines on a single ticket even if they aren't FF partners. The flight in question wasn't a CO flight. I'm not sure what "CO paper" she had from Priceline but it was most definitely a Delta flight, not a CO codeshare.

She can beg either of the two to help her but neither is obligated to because sh no-showed for the flight.
Old Aug 16, 2010, 11:31 am

Never mind, sm12 explained it better than I did.

Last edited by cmn.jcs; Aug 16, 2010 at 11:35 am Reason: See above
Old Aug 16, 2010, 11:35 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime PLT
Since the flight was operated by DL my first place to go would be DL. I'm not sure what you mean by CO paper, and how a ticket was made on DL with CO flight numbers, but even when airlines do have codeshare relationships, I have always had to take up issues with the operating carrier. She should go to the DL terminal immediately and see if they will allow her to standby free. At worst case, there will probably be a $50 or so fee.

The CO name on the ticket is most likely irrelevant.
Old Aug 16, 2010, 12:18 pm

Programs: UA Priemier Gold
I agree with having her throw herself upon the mercy of DL. Just have her admit the "oops. my mistake" and then see if she can find a friendly delta rep to help her out.
Old Aug 16, 2010, 12:31 pm
Original Poster

Thanks for the thoughts.

DL's oversold the rest of the day and they won't let her Stand-by because it's CO "paper" - their words.
Old Aug 16, 2010, 12:54 pm

Thanks for the thoughts.

DL's oversold the rest of the day and they won't let her Stand-by because it's CO "paper" - their words.
I've flown DTW-IAH a couple of times and those planes are always packed it seems like.
Old Aug 16, 2010, 1:29 pm

Thanks for the thoughts.

Although DL has no obligation to let her fly stand-by because she missed the flight the fact that it is on "CO paper" should have no bearing on the situation.
Priceline probably issued this interline ticket using CO as the platting carrier. The Priceline confirmation should have clearly showed the first flight as a DL flight with a DL flight number. If this is not he case she needs to talk to priceline for resolution. I'm not sure why this confusion existed. It’s usually pretty clear. Its also unusual that pricelince ticketed it on CO stock, usually the first carrier on a two airline itinerary is the platting carrier. I think either we don't have important information or priceline screwed up somehow.

She could try CO for help, may get lucky with a compassionate employee.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.