FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Continental OnePass (Pre-Merger) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/continental-onepass-pre-merger-488/)
-   -   Will central America award allow stopover in DEN (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/continental-onepass-pre-merger/1116853-will-central-america-award-allow-stopover-den.html)

hindukid Aug 16, 2010 10:38 am

Will central America award allow stopover in DEN

I need to go from IAH to central America to Moab Utah to NYC. Does the central America award allow stopover and open jaw and do you think I could get DEN on the return. So something like IAH-SJO-IAH-DEN-LGA with a stop at DEN.

I am guessing that grand junction Colorado would be pushing my luck. I haven't called to try yet because I haven't figured out where in cental america.

sbm12 Aug 16, 2010 10:48 am

If DEN works then so will Grand Junction; CO doesn't require that stopovers happen at hubs.

And it should be permitted as I understand the rules. The LatAm awards permit the stopover and nothing in the rules specify where the stopover has to happen.

hindukid Aug 16, 2010 3:15 pm

Thanks,

Decided to call CO and try and book something. DEN worked but GJT (grand junction) did not. The computer rejected it. All they could tell me was it was stating illegal routing. I suspect and the agent agrees that its because the route connects in DEN twice.

I am trying for IAH-SJO-IAH-DEN-GJT-DEN-EWR. The return is SJO to EWR with a stopover in GJT. Unfortunately there seems to be no way to avoid going via DEN both times and that I think is creating the illegal routing.

sbm12 Aug 16, 2010 5:52 pm

Originally Posted by hindukid (Post 14491977)
Thanks,

Decided to call CO and try and book something. DEN worked but GJT (grand junction) did not. The computer rejected it. All they could tell me was it was stating illegal routing. I suspect and the agent agrees that its because the route connects in DEN twice.

I am trying for IAH-SJO-IAH-DEN-GJT-DEN-EWR. The return is SJO to EWR with a stopover in GJT. Unfortunately there seems to be no way to avoid going via DEN both times and that I think is creating the illegal routing.

Ask them to drop GJT and see if it still chokes. Close is better than not, right? And we'd know the answer to the question.

hindukid Aug 16, 2010 11:36 pm

Originally Posted by sbm12 (Post 14492774)
Ask them to drop GJT and see if it still chokes. Close is better than not, right? And we'd know the answer to the question.

It does work if you use DEN rather than GJT. Deciding if its better to just pay for a segment and avoid the drive or to use DEN.

sbm12 Aug 17, 2010 5:30 am

Originally Posted by hindukid (Post 14494293)
It does work if you use DEN rather than GJT. Deciding if its better to just pay for a segment and avoid the drive or to use DEN.

Open jaw? Can they fly you into GJT and then you only have to drive one-way?