cancelling tickets without penalty

Old Aug 14, 10, 6:29 am
Original Poster

cancelling tickets without penalty

I just checked my itinerary for a trip I have booked in November and noticed that a connecting flight has changed allowing only 16 minutes between flights at EWR. There have been a number of changes to my itinerary since I originally booked but this is the most unrealistic one. I want to cancel these tickets and rebook on another carrier with better connections. In light of the many changes including the most recent unrealistic layover time, can I expect CO to refund the full price of my tickets? Just wanted to know what to expect before I call. Thanks for your help.
Old Aug 14, 10, 6:53 am

Programs: CO Plat
Due to a schedule change you are able to cancel your ticket. I have done this in the past. Have the agent see what other options CO may offer.
Old Aug 14, 10, 10:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 2MM; AS MVP Gold 75K
They'll probably try to offer you another CO flight. Given the illegal connection, though, just say the other connections don't work for you and then ask for a refund. It shouldn't be a problem.
Old Aug 14, 10, 11:17 am

Programs: CO Plat; UA 1K; EK Gold
Yes, I have had similar situations before. (connection times in EWR shortening to become impossible connections). FOrtunately I found some solutions with other CO flights.

Your case is valid. Just ask them for other CO options (if any will fit your schedule) or full refund. Should not be a problem.

Search this Thread