Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Which lounges am I allowed to access?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 9, 2010, 10:42 pm
Original Poster

Which lounges am I allowed to access?

I'll be flying AUS-IAH-NRT-TPE and back soon. Besides the Continental President's club lounge in AUS and IAH and the United Red Carpet in NRT, which lounges would I be allowed to enter? I am Gold Elite in OnePass flying on an economy ticket. I want to try to spend my time in the Asian airline lounges as they seem to be better and have better food. I see I can't get into the ANA lounge at NRT. Am I allowed into any other lounge at NRT? And can I get into the Royal Orchid lounge in TPE? I figure I can't get into the Krisflyer business lounge there. Thanks for any info.
Old Aug 9, 2010, 10:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 2MM; AS MVP Gold 75K
Originally Posted by aimlessflyer
I see I can't get into the ANA lounge at NRT.
Why not?

*G can get into any *G lounge.
Old Aug 10, 2010, 7:08 am

Programs: UA Gold
The airport information page on the *A website is usually a good place to start to find which lounges are designated as *G. Though I have found that it can take a while for them to update the page so it may not be completely accurate. Looks like in TPE the *G lounge is in facet the SQ lounge but the TG lounge is not *G. And as above, you should have access to the ANA lounge in NRT.

http://www.staralliance.com/en/servi...ation/airport/
Old Aug 10, 2010, 7:21 am

I used ana lounge 7/7 this year in NRT as *g, but I was also flying ana nrt-sgn. Both lounges I thought were a little nicer than the rcc. *g signs posted. No access to the f/c lounge as a *g, however. Furniture was a little tired looking, but food better than rcc and much quieter.
Old Aug 10, 2010, 7:32 am
Original Poster

I did use the Star Alliance lounge finder (thanks) before I posted and when I went to the ANA website, it said as far as eligible customers, "Star Alliance Gold members on ANA operated flights and one accompanying guest per customer." Since I'm not flying on an ANA operated flight, I figured I wouldn't be allowed in. But if I am, I'd certainly like to visit it. I just didn't want to look like a fool trying to get in somewhere I'm not allowed. Thanks for the info.
Old Aug 10, 2010, 8:33 am

Programs: CO Plat; UA 1K; EK Gold
Originally Posted by aimlessflyer
I did use the Star Alliance lounge finder (thanks) before I posted and when I went to the ANA website, it said as far as eligible customers, "Star Alliance Gold members on ANA operated flights and one accompanying guest per customer." Since I'm not flying on an ANA operated flight, I figured I wouldn't be allowed in. But if I am, I'd certainly like to visit it. I just didn't want to look like a fool trying to get in somewhere I'm not allowed. Thanks for the info.
I used the ANA lounge flying UA just last week at NRT. No issues.
You need to fly a Star airline that day...thats all.

Also, ANA lounge has the famous noodle-bar.

I like the shower stall at the ANA lounge. But, the shower amenities are better presented at the UA RCC lounge.

Shower stall at ANA lounge has the fancy toilet seat. It also has the real nice instant-hot water showers.

Also, way in the back, the ANA lounge has lounging chairs, that almost go flat...if you want to take a nap.

the downsides of ANA lounge = They will not call UA / CO / AC flights. The lounge is a long walk from the CO/UA gates.
Old Aug 10, 2010, 8:44 am

Note that there are 2 ana lounges, one is underground and dark, the other is top floor and has nice views of the runways. There is an underground walkway between sat #4 and sat #5.
Old Aug 10, 2010, 8:49 am

Programs: UA 1K on final to 2MM
Remember to take your *Gold card with you as you will be required to show it to the staff at the ANA lounge to get inside. Your status noted on your boarding pass will not suffice.
Old Aug 10, 2010, 9:54 am

Originally Posted by gregsachs
Note that there are 2 ana lounges, one is underground and dark, the other is top floor and has nice views of the runways. There is an underground walkway between sat #4 and sat #5.
AFAIK, the one on the top is the ANA First/Suites lounge. ANd you will need an international F/Suites (3-class aircraft) boarding pass to get in.

The one on the bottom is the Star Gold lounge.
Old Aug 10, 2010, 10:30 am

Originally Posted by snod08
AFAIK, the one on the top is the ANA First/Suites lounge. ANd you will need an international F/Suites (3-class aircraft) boarding pass to get in.

The one on the bottom is the Star Gold lounge.
#4 satellite(also has the good sushi place near 32) has both lounges above ground, and I accessed with only *G a month ago. #5 I believe is more underground, but may have above ground F lounge. #4 has a separate F lounge as well, but did not access that.
Old Aug 11, 2010, 9:12 am

Originally Posted by gregsachs
#4 satellite(also has the good sushi place near 32) has both lounges above ground, and I accessed with only *G a month ago. #5 I believe is more underground, but may have above ground F lounge. #4 has a separate F lounge as well, but did not access that.
Thanks for this! Will check out the #4 satellite if possible the next time.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.