BD lounges at LHR

Old Aug 9, 10, 4:44 pm
Original Poster

Programs: CO Gold
BD lounges at LHR

Does anyone know which BD lounge a PC member can use? Probably wont be *G next month so only have PC membership.

CO website says just the BD Business Lounge - but which one is that?

According to BD website LHR has two - London Room and Great British Lounge.

Appreciate can always just go to the *A lounge, but it's a bit of hike down to the BD gates.

Or am I best of using the *G lounge if it is significantly better to whichever BD lounge I can use?

Thanks
Old Aug 9, 10, 5:59 pm

Programs: BA Gold, A3 Gold, BD..oh, wait..
London Room is for Domestic and Republic of Ireland flights only, Great British Lounge is for all other destinations - So it depends on your ultimate destination as to which one you can use.
Old Aug 9, 10, 7:30 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by colmc View Post
London Room is for Domestic and Republic of Ireland flights only, Great British Lounge is for all other destinations - So it depends on your ultimate destination as to which one you can use.
LHR - EDI, so as PC member I can use London Room? Is it worth it (i.e. better than *G lounge)
Old Aug 9, 10, 8:00 pm

Programs: UA Plat, SPG Gold
I've tried to use my PC card a few times in BD lounges in DUB and LHR and it's been met with a baffled look... "Ummm, where's the *G logo?". I've always been flying TATL and they've taken my CO Plat credentials. I would be interested to hear how you get on with accessing the lounge in LHR with your PC card on a domestic itinerary....
Old Aug 9, 10, 8:58 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K MM; BA Silver; Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by lhrpitlhr View Post
LHR - EDI, so as PC member I can use London Room? Is it worth it (i.e. better than *G lounge)
The *A lounge in LHR is a lot better than the (new) BD London Room. You should be able to use this before you proceed through the photo check to the domestic section of T1.
Old Aug 10, 10, 12:16 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Trinners View Post
I've tried to use my PC card a few times in BD lounges in DUB and LHR and it's been met with a baffled look... "Ummm, where's the *G logo?". I've always been flying TATL and they've taken my CO Plat credentials. I would be interested to hear how you get on with accessing the lounge in LHR with your PC card on a domestic itinerary....
Happened to me at EDI - they can scroll through a list of images of cards, and eventually they'll see a picture of the current PC membership card.

The *A lounge in LHR is a lot better than the (new) BD London Room. You should be able to use this before you proceed through the photo check to the domestic section of T1
Thanks for the advice....been in *A lounge a few times and it is fairly nice. probably not as nice as the ST lounge in T4 and certainly more crowded in my experience.
Old Aug 10, 10, 2:09 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K MM; BA Silver; Marriott Plat
Thanks for the advice....been in *A lounge a few times and it is fairly nice. probably not as nice as the ST lounge in T4 and certainly more crowded in my experience.
Yep - it gets crowded for a few hours in the mid-late morning when a whole bunch of the UA flights depart, after that it seemed somewhat quieter. Decent selection of food though, unlike the BD lounge - that's the main advantage it has IMHO.
Old Aug 10, 10, 2:10 pm

Programs: BA Gold, A3 Gold, BD..oh, wait..
The *G lounge is probably "better" - The London Room has the advantage of being reasonably spacious and near to the gate area for the Scottish bound flights.
Old Aug 11, 10, 5:14 am

Programs: BA silver, CO
Originally Posted by colmc View Post
The London Room has the advantage of being reasonably spacious and near to the gate area for the Scottish bound flights.
Second this.

I fly LHR-EDI a couple times a year for work and have found this lounge to be fine. It is next to the gate they normally use for the EDI flights. Itís pretty big but can get crowded at certain times.

There used to be a separate area, like EDI has, that was more selective. I was told it was less crowded and the food was supposedly better. But the last couple times I've been there it has been closed. Not sure if it is permanent or not.

The other BMI lounge, which is nicer, is on the other side of the terminal and is intended for international flights. This is only a guess, but you could have a 15 minute walk to get to the domestic gates.
Old Aug 11, 10, 5:21 am

Programs: BA silver, CO
CO website says just the BD Business Lounge - but which one is that?

According to BD website LHR has two - London Room and Great British Lounge.
The Business Lounge is the lounge in the domestic area, which I guess is now called the London Room.

Search this Thread