FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Continental OnePass (Pre-Merger) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/continental-onepass-pre-merger-488/)
-   -   Who do I call next - Customer service issue (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/continental-onepass-pre-merger/1113763-who-do-i-call-next-customer-service-issue.html)

jbutts Aug 7, 2010 6:47 am

Who do I call next - Customer service issue

Hi everyone. Hoping for some help on resolving a flight credit issue.

Quick summary. The first leg of a 2 leg flight form Austin to Boston was delayed (actually ran low on fuel and landed en route), and I ended up arriving in Newark with barely enough time to catch to last flight out. (aside: No help from Continental at all on this - no agents around, phone line not accepting calls, ...). I and about 5 others reached the flight just before the doors closed. The agent collected our original boarding passes, did not reissue passes, and told us to "take any seat."

Needless to say my presence on that flight never made it into the system, and they are denying credit for it even though I did the first leg. Phone customer service was very nice but not able to do anything. Email has denied twice. Tried writing customer service, but nada, not even a "sorry for the hassle" courtesy miles credit.

So...any advice on next steps? Who can I call/write? It's only a small credit, but I'm headed toward making Star Gold this year (I'm a United Premier now), and if I miss for this I'll be seriously irritated. More than that it's the principle of the thing at this point. I can't believe Continental has refused to respond in any way to a reasonable request when they messed up in the first place.

Thanks
JButts

njcommodore Aug 7, 2010 6:58 am

Originally Posted by jbutts (Post 14438050)
Hi everyone. Hoping for some help on resolving a flight credit issue. Tried writing customer service, but nada, not even a "sorry for the hassle" courtesy miles credit.

I knew as soon as you said you were looking for courtesy miles that you were a UA FF. CO RARELY gives you miles. If anything, it would have been a cert, but those are only for severe delays due to MX or crew shortage, etc.

Originally Posted by jbutts (Post 14438050)
I'm headed toward making Star Gold this year (I'm a United Premier now), and if I miss for this I'll be seriously irritated. More than that it's the principle of the thing at this point. I can't believe Continental has refused to respond in any way to a reasonable request when they messed up in the first place.

Are you trying to credit the miles to CO or UA? If UA, I would take it up with them. So you were flying from Austin-Newark and you had to stop mid flight to re-fuel, causing you to get into EWR late? When you say email denied twice, what are they saying for why you aren't getting credit? Also, how did you check in? If they emailed you a boarding pass you could print that out again.

Thanks
JButts[/QUOTE]

jbutts Aug 7, 2010 7:04 am

What I really want is the flight credit - segment and EQMs.

The gate agent didn't check us in - just collected our original flight boarding passes and told us to get on quick. It was completely mismanaged at the gate.

Here's what they are saying: "Please be advised we are unable to provide confirmation the above segment was used as our records indicate ‘no-show’. As previously advised, you will have to show United Airlines your original boarding pass as flight proof." But of course the original gate agent collected the original boarding pass, and no boarding pass was ever issued for the flight I ended up on. Lesson learned there I guess.

United originally denied a web request for credit (because CO said I wan't on the flight), but I have since mailed them a request.

SeamusSA Aug 7, 2010 10:57 am

Sounds like the GA had already canceled you out as a no show, and when you got there afterward hustled you on board so they could push back. Good for ops, but potentially bad for you if the GA did not tidy up the paperwork post departure. Understand that you are not looking for compensation, just the credit due you for having flown and it is quite reasonable.
I'd forget the emails and call customer service, escalating if you do not get satisfaction. Though you are requesting the credit to UA, sounds like the snafu is on CO's part so I would call them - probably the OnePass Service Center at (713) 952-1630 (Monday - Friday 6:30 a.m. - 8:00 p.m. US Central Time) You may well encounter some brick walls ("we don't have access to UA records") but if you persevere - aka calmly and respectfully not taking no for an answer - you should eventually get it resolved.