Wiki Posts
Search

DEL -EWR trip

Search this Thread

Old Aug 5, 2010, 11:19 am
Original Poster

Programs: CO Silver, Starwood Gold
DEL -EWR trip

Just completed my third trip to Delhi in 4 months. Started with ~7500 miles.

I was in Delhi and on 2nd Aug called one pass service center asking if I could be upgraded to Gold as I was 5500 miles short and the return leg of my trip would take me over anyway. After getting a no from the representative, spoke to the supervisor and the persistence paid off. Got a temp bump to Gold with a warning that this would not be done when I was getting close to Plat.

And it paid off. Lounge access to star alliance in the new terminal -- but no alcohol as they did not have a liquor permit. But then as I was walking to the gate and saw the line for the second security screening at the gate, heard my name being called out. After screening, located an agent and was pleasantly surprised that I had been bumped to BF as Econ was oversold!

It was grrrreat flying in Business. Flat beds, real drinks- the works. love it.
Old Aug 5, 2010, 5:18 pm

Programs: CO Platinum Elite, Marriott Platinum, HH Diamond, Hyatt Diamond, Avis President's
Lucky!!!! ^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.