Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Continental OnePass (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

Confused on which Chase Card.. both free first year..

Old Jul 23, 10, 9:58 pm
Original Poster

Programs: US Airways,Hilton HHonors, Marriott, National

I received an offer for a free Presidental Plus or One Pass Plus credit card. The Presidental Plus includes the Airport President's Club for free for the first year, but not too many bonus miles. Of course you get alot of Silver like benefits, but already silver...

The One Pass Plus seems to give some nice bonus miles....

I do NOT travel alot (maybe a couple of more trips) so not sure if the presidental one is worth it, and I really like miles

Any thoughts?
Old Jul 23, 10, 10:04 pm

Programs: UA 1K; SPG Platinum
Originally Posted by LAX1K to AmWest View Post
I received an offer for a free Presidental Plus or One Pass Plus credit card. The Presidental Plus includes the Airport President's Club for free for the first year, but not too many bonus miles. Of course you get alot of Silver like benefits, but already silver...

I do NOT travel alot (maybe a couple of more trips) so not sure if the presidental one is worth it, and I really like miles

Any thoughts?
I have been flying enough lately that lounge access for all PCs, United RCCs, and USAirways clubs makes the PP a no brainer. If you want more miles for cashing in a ticket, then the other card is your choice. Really is a matter of your priorities.

Me -- they have done mission accomplished. I'm 90% sure I'll buy club access next year. Not sure about the card since I'm going to hit Silver in a couple days and Gold is relatively likely.
Old Jul 24, 10, 9:07 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA LTPlat; Marriott Titanium (LTP); Hilton Dia; Hyatt Explorist; Vistana 5* Elite; Nat'l Exec Elite
Originally Posted by Bushdog View Post
Me -- they have done mission accomplished. I'm 90% sure I'll buy club access next year. Not sure about the card since I'm going to hit Silver in a couple days and Gold is relatively likely.
You're not sure about renewing the card, that gives you PC access, for the $395 annual fee but you're 90% sure you'll buy a PC membership for $400 if you hit Gold status or $450 if you remain Silver?
Old Jul 24, 10, 11:26 am

Programs: UA 1K; SPG Platinum
Originally Posted by controller1 View Post
You're not sure about renewing the card, that gives you PC access, for the $395 annual fee but you're 90% sure you'll buy a PC membership for $400 if you hit Gold status or $450 if you remain Silver?
lol, I never checked the price (I have like 11 mos to go on membership). Then yes, if that's the cheaper route, then that's the route I'll go.
Old Jul 25, 10, 12:20 pm

Programs: UA 1K, *G, AA EXP, OW Emerald, HGP/HH Diamond, IHG Spire, Club Carlson Concierge, SPG/Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by LAX1K to AmWest View Post

Any thoughts?
Absolutely the Pres Plus with the club membership. I also gives you an extra 25% mileage earning bonus. You can always get both cards, since there are plenty of other offers for the OP Plus card out there (even paying the fee is often worth the mile bonus).

Does the offer include a web link or the like with an offer code? I'd totally jump on this if it isn't targeted to just you and just requires an offer code. I'll be checking the constant CO card offers I get in the mail a lot more carefully now (and I already have the OP Plus card).

Search this Thread
Search Engine: