Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Continental OnePass (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

LHR Collection With the New OnePass Plus Mastercard

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 22, 2010, 6:07 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K, DL Plat, HHonors Gold, PC Platinum, Hyatt Platinum, Marriott Silver

I just got my new OnePass Plus Mastercard today. I'm wondering if anyone has dialed into the number for the LHR Collection to make a booking on some of these hotels that are associated with the new card. The properties look incredible in Asia but considering some of the benefits being offered, I can't imagine I will pay less than $400 a night for some of these rooms. Anyone gotten any good deals? Doesn't matter where in the world you booked the rooms. Write about any experiences you may have since this is a new program. Thanks!
Old Jul 22, 2010, 6:20 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

I called in recently based on a trip where I knew we were staying at a property included in the program. The program matched the best refundable rate from the hotel website but could not get close to the non-refundable advance-purchase rate. In that case it was a no-brainer to book outside the program. Also, the guy on the phone was not particularly convincing at assuring me he could reserve a room with two beds versus what the initial read-back of "one king" in the room.
Old Jul 22, 2010, 8:14 am

Programs: UA, AA, DL, Hertz, Avis, National, Hyatt, Hilton, SPG, Marriott
LHR needs to do a better job of informing participating properties about this program. Two recent stays (One Fairmont, one Hyatt) were booked through the program and I had to argue with desk staff to receive my 'benefits'. At the Fairmont, in particular, the agent insisted that the only program they participate in is from American Express for Plat/Cent cardmembers, and that she had 'never heard' of anything from LHR.

It is a nice perk, but needs work on the execution.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.