Wiki Posts
Search

Reservation on hold can not be booked

Search this Thread

Old Jul 14, 2010, 11:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, UA Silver, dirt elsewhere
Originally Posted by olwagner
If you have been on hold for 45 min, and nobody has came back to tell you that they haven't forgotten about you, still remain on the line, things will work out in the end.
I've waited nearly an hour, with back & forths) on hold to get a Plan B ticket issued.

I find that the longer I wait, the more likely the outcome will be positive.
Old Jul 14, 2010, 11:52 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K MM; BA Silver; Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by channa
You don't have to agree with my experiences, some do and some don't, but my experiences are just that. Everyone has them, and it's the compilation of everyone's experiences.
Then say that. "How many calls have you made? Usually takes 3-5 tries to resolve a CO issue." - very definitive-sounding statement, but based purely on your own experience. The fact that the vast majority of people have a different experience to you is an important data point. Maybe you should add it as a disclaimer at the end of your posts?

My last issue (just a few weeks ago) involving a CO reward, I even said to my gf that if I'm going to address this, I'm not going to go to bed anytime soon. Sure enough, the call took an hour, with no resolution but to try again the next day.
Would you care to share what the specific issue was? Suffice to say, not once have I ever needed to call back on a different day to resolve an issue regarding a reward ticket, and I can think of 2-3 times ever where I needed to call more than once to resolve anything. I've had long calls, but these were usually to resolve a complex issue with several departments, and were always resolved to my satisfaction. Again, since my experience is so vastly different to yours, I'm genuinely interested in seeing what the difference is.

would the CO cheerleaders say this was good service...
You lose a bunch of credibility by reverting to this. A point of view contrary to yours most certainly does not make one a "CO cheerleader" - there just really are a lot of people with different experience to you in this area.

Was the issue resolved satisfactorily? Yes. Was it good service? Who knows - there are plenty of variables. Did the OP explain the issue correctly first time around, did the agent understand, etc. Nobody knows except the OP and the recording CO has of the event To assume it was bad service because it took 2 calls is somewhat naive. A cheerleader would undoubtedly say it was great service

Originally Posted by Mary2e
I find that the longer I wait, the more likely the outcome will be positive.
+1
Old Jul 14, 2010, 12:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 2MM; AS MVP Gold 75K
Originally Posted by star_world
Then say that. "How many calls have you made? Usually takes 3-5 tries to resolve a CO issue." - very definitive-sounding statement, but based purely on your own experience. The fact that the vast majority of people have a different experience to you is an important data point. Maybe you should add it as a disclaimer at the end of your posts?
I think YMMV always goes without saying on anybody's post. That said, I don't think the lack of agent empowerment at CO is in my head. Talk to others who carry status on CO + other carriers. They often say the same thing.

Would you care to share what the specific issue was? Suffice to say, not once have I ever needed to call back on a different day to resolve an issue regarding a reward ticket, and I can think of 2-3 times ever where I needed to call more than once to resolve anything. I've had long calls, but these were usually to resolve a complex issue with several departments, and were always resolved to my satisfaction. Again, since my experience is so vastly different to yours, I'm genuinely interested in seeing what the difference is.
CO out of the blue dropped a partner reward segment while I was mid-itinerary.

At least they told me to call back. I've had other situations where CO has just said "too bad" much like they attempted to do to this OP on the first attempt.

You lose a bunch of credibility by reverting to this. A point of view contrary to yours most certainly does not make one a "CO cheerleader" - there just really are a lot of people with different experience to you in this area.
Much the same as those referring to my posts as "BS" or using terms like the "vast majority" of customers. Unless you have the data, we really don't know exactly how often CO behaves in such a manner. All we have to go off of is our experiences.

I know there is a contingent of people on FT who refuse to post on the CO board because of the excessive cheerleading and/or fear that CO Insider may not help them in the future if they say something that puts CO in a negative light. I don't have that fear (for which I may be stupid).

Was the issue resolved satisfactorily? Yes. Was it good service? Who knows - there are plenty of variables. Did the OP explain the issue correctly first time around, did the agent understand, etc. Nobody knows except the OP and the recording CO has of the event To assume it was bad service because it took 2 calls is somewhat naive. A cheerleader would undoubtedly say it was great service
It's always great service if CO is involved, right?

Not sure if the OP explained the issue correctly. Though the history should show what happened. A competent agent should have seen what happened, and if they were not empowered to fix it, scraped up some sort of initiative to engage the right level of supervisor to offer a solution. Telling the customer "too bad" to see if he'll swallow it is not good customer service, IMO. IME, I've gotten that way too often from CO for my liking.

Personally, I would say it's great service in this case. The OP got an acceptable resolution, and it only took 2 calls. Remember I said 3-5, so he's ahead of the game here.
Old Jul 14, 2010, 6:47 pm

Programs: Silver MileagePlus, Diamond Hilton
Originally Posted by olwagner
I sue Continental to reimburse the cost (while deducting the miles) ; that would probably fly in small claims court.
Old Jul 14, 2010, 10:42 pm

Programs: SPG Plat; Continental Plat; Star Alliance Gold
Technical Support

I agree with CJGibson. Reach out to continental.com technical support at 800.300.1547. I have had multiple problems with on-hold reservations disappearing and a ticket purchase that was stuck in-processing, which I didn't realize until I went to check-in 24-hours in advance. They were able to solve the problem every time.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.