Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Continental OnePass (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

1st name misspelled, will it affect mileage earning/status?

Old Jul 9, 10, 7:41 am
Original Poster

Programs: CO Gold, UA Premier Exec

I have 6 LH segments coming up in the next week and my company seems to have misspelled my 1st name by just one letter. Will this affect any mileage earning, and will the CO system properly send the info to LH to show the *G status on the BP?

any experiences with this little issue?
Old Jul 9, 10, 7:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, SPG Platinum, Penalty Box 2K, PWP Posting Unit 9
Originally Posted by AEpilot76 View Post
I have 6 LH segments coming up in the next week and my company seems to have misspelled my 1st name by just one letter. Will this affect any mileage earning, and will the CO system properly send the info to LH to show the *G status on the BP?

any experiences with this little issue?
It is more likely that TSA will not let you through the checkpoint to board the plane. Get this fixed before you go to the airport. :-:
Old Jul 9, 10, 7:50 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Mackieman View Post
It is more likely that TSA will not let you through the checkpoint to board the plane. Get this fixed before you go to the airport. :-:
I have a crew ID, so that's not an issue. This has happened before on BA (could care less about the miles on them), and it was not a security and/or passport issue. This time I'm concerned about miles and status
Old Jul 9, 10, 7:58 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by Mackieman View Post
Not at all. One or three missing or erroneous letters in a name is not enough for the TSA to screw passengers over.

Does the reservation correctly show your status? If so it is likely to credit OK. Still, as always, keep your BP stubs until the miles post.
Old Jul 9, 10, 8:04 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by sbm12 View Post
Not at all. One or three missing or erroneous letters in a name is not enough for the TSA to screw passengers over.

Does the reservation correctly show your status? If so it is likely to credit OK. Still, as always, keep your BP stubs until the miles post.
Unfortunately on LH website, even with my CO FF # in the reservation, status is never shown until I print a boarding pass. My gut feeling is it'll be fine. For the record, my first name is JasEn, and not JasOn, so I'm hoping this one misplaced vowel will be insignificant
Old Jul 9, 10, 8:16 am

Programs: UA Plat, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, Natl Exec Elite
Originally Posted by AEpilot76 View Post
Unfortunately on LH website, even with my CO FF # in the reservation, status is never shown until I print a boarding pass. My gut feeling is it'll be fine. For the record, my first name is JasEn, and not JasOn, so I'm hoping this one misplaced vowel will be insignificant
Don't count on it. One of my friends renewed a passport right before a trip and it arrived with his name misspelled. He didn't have time to get it fixed, but explained the situation to CO and they just changed his name on the reservation because that is a lot easier to do than replace a passport. I would get it fixed because you don't want trouble with security or customs.
Old Jul 9, 10, 10:25 am

Programs: CO Plat; UA 1K; EK Gold
Another vote for "get it fixed before you fly".
Old Jul 9, 10, 11:56 am

Programs: CO Plat & MP 1K
I recently had both a misspelling of my first name and a mixup on my last name and was able to call Continental and get it fixed before I flew, very easy, see this thread: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/conti...-question.html

Search this Thread
Search Engine: