IAH/EWR - HNL Aircraft Change In Nov

Old Jul 3, 10, 10:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador: World of Hyatt
Original Poster

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, UA Silver, dirt elsewhere
Arrow IAH/EWR - HNL Aircraft Change In Nov

Yikes... I went to check on my husband's waitlist, clicked on my reservation, and found myself seatless. We were both in row 6.

In the last 2 days they change the aircraft to the one usually used for the IAH flights with the mini-coach cabin, leaving only 4 rows in BF.

I checked various dates, and it appears to go back to the 7 row aircraft near Thanksgiving.

This doesn't bode well for his upgrade clearing on the return They just pulled 15 BF seats from that flight.

I'm not sure which dates are effected. I only checked Nov.

So, if you're on that flight, check your reservations.
Old Jul 3, 10, 11:09 am

Programs: Lowly AA Gold once again, lots of AA, AS, DL & UA miles & BA Avios, former CO Plat Elite (sigh...)
It appears they've switched your flight to the Micronesia division configuration (76H). And it also sounds like you usually get the regular 764 config with more BF seats on the EWR-HNL nonstop.......
Old Jul 3, 10, 6:55 pm

Programs: UA Global Services, HH Diamond
Change

Thanks for pointing out the change. I went to check on my fall Hawaii flights only to be alerted to a change with CO2 (HNL-IAH) that shifts the 8:45p departure up earlier to a 7:20p departure. (It also says the equipment has changed from a 767 to a Boeing 717-200...but I'm guessing the time is right and the equipment is wrong.)
Old Jul 3, 10, 7:11 pm

Programs: Lowly AA Gold once again, lots of AA, AS, DL & UA miles & BA Avios, former CO Plat Elite (sigh...)
Originally Posted by Weatherboy View Post
Thanks for pointing out the change. I went to check on my fall Hawaii flights only to be alerted to a change with CO2 (HNL-IAH) that shifts the 8:45p departure up earlier to a 7:20p departure. (It also says the equipment has changed from a 767 to a Boeing 717-200...but I'm guessing the time is right and the equipment is wrong.)
CO.com was a bit screwed up today.....for example, the Boeing 717-200 does not have the range to fly nonstop HNL-IAH. In fact, CO does not even operate the B717 - HA does but only for interisland flights. CO.com also listed a B737-800 for our IAH-HNL nonstop - which won't work either. We were on CO 73 on 10/2 IAH-HNL in F but were informed today that flight has been cancelled - three months before departure. So after yet another phone call (I experienced previous problems with our itinerary caused by CO), we're now on CO 1 the next day IAH-HNL in F. I'm waiting for the next chapter in this ongoing saga.
Old Jul 4, 10, 10:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador: World of Hyatt
Original Poster

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, UA Silver, dirt elsewhere
It does appear to be a mess. I know that my EWR-HNL flight had about 7 or 8 seats available (from the seat map) and it's now lost 15 seats, and there are no longer BF seats for sale.

I was checking to see if there were any connecting flights in the event they pre-bump or contact us to reschedule, only to find the IAH flights with no BF seats available either.

When I booked my flight, on Thursday afternoon, I thought it odd that I was able to get a mileage upgrade on a flight with so few BF seats available. I grabbed it and now I'm glad I did. I suspect they were starting to make changes to the system at that time.

I guess this is going to be a daily check to make sure everything is still ok. Or, they can pre-bump us, for the right compensation
Old Jul 4, 10, 10:52 am
Suspended

Programs: UA just 8800 mi short of Silver
OT, a bit, and redundant. Speaking of taking CO to Hawaii, which arrives first, the mighty 737 from John Wayne airport, the prestigious 737 from LAX or the PanAm Clipper??
Old Jul 4, 10, 12:57 pm

Originally Posted by chasbondy View Post
OT, a bit, and redundant. Speaking of taking CO to Hawaii, which arrives first, the mighty 737 from John Wayne airport, the prestigious 737 from LAX or the PanAm Clipper??
Ah, we Looziana folks only fly on the flagship (well, at least for Hawaii) B767-400ER out of Houston. Yes, we are talkin' about the prestige flight here, CO 1, featuring some kind of BF service, maybe.....so we don't concern ourselves with that riff-raff 737 Hawaii service from the West Coast.......we haven't the time....

Last edited by jlemon; Jul 5, 10 at 10:39 am
Old Jul 4, 10, 2:00 pm

Programs: UA MM
I just confirmed a flight that included IAH/GUM in Aug. where I was able to confirm an upgrade without wait-listing.

Upon inspection of the seating chart, it seems to be a 767-400ER with 35 BF seats instead of the CO Mike planes with 20 BF seats.

It looks like there is some aircraft swapping on flights to and from Hawaii.
Old Jul 4, 10, 4:45 pm

Originally Posted by smitopher View Post
I just confirmed a flight that included IAH/GUM in Aug. where I was able to confirm an upgrade without wait-listing.

Upon inspection of the seating chart, it seems to be a 767-400ER with 35 BF seats instead of the CO Mike planes with 20 BF seats.

Sure looks like it.....there were two daily r/t nonstops IAH-HNL scheduled for this Oct.; now, there's only one.
Old Jul 4, 10, 7:44 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA PlatPro; Marriott Titanium; Hilton Diamond; Hyatt Globalist; Vistana 5* Elite; Nat'l Exec Elite
Originally Posted by jlemon View Post
Ah, we Looziana folks only fly on the flagship (well, at least for Hawaii) B767-400ER out of Houston. Yes, we are talkin' about CO 1here featuring some kind of BF service, maybe.....so we don't concern ourselves with that riff-raff 737 Hawaii service from the West Coast.......we haven't the time....
^ +1
Old Jul 4, 10, 11:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Originally Posted by Weatherboy View Post
Thanks for pointing out the change. I went to check on my fall Hawaii flights only to be alerted to a change with CO2 (HNL-IAH) that shifts the 8:45p departure up earlier to a 7:20p departure. (It also says the equipment has changed from a 767 to a Boeing 717-200...
Really? I didn't notice it before. How could be problems the aircraft has been changes? Is that where you take on CO to Continental Micronesia is a differentiate seat configuration are not same equipment. I believe there is no BusinessFirst. Only you sit in the First Class.
Old Jul 5, 10, 9:04 am

Originally Posted by N830MH View Post
Really? I didn't notice it before. How could be problems the aircraft has been changes? Is that where you take on CO to Continental Micronesia is a differentiate seat configuration are not same equipment. I believe there is no BusinessFirst. Only you sit in the First Class.
It appears the EWR-HNL and IAH-HNL flights have a modified BusinessFirst product offered via the B767-400ER. For example, if you check the BF menus on CO.com, you'll see listings for the front cabin meals IAH-HNL and EWR-HNL. However, most of the flights from Houston have only 20 BF seats up front instead of the standard international BF seat configuration found on the 764
Old Jul 5, 10, 11:31 am

Originally Posted by Mary2e View Post
It does appear to be a mess. I know that my EWR-HNL flight had about 7 or 8 seats available (from the seat map) and it's now lost 15 seats, and there are no longer BF seats for sale.

I was checking to see if there were any connecting flights in the event they pre-bump or contact us to reschedule, only to find the IAH flights with no BF seats available either.

When I booked my flight, on Thursday afternoon, I thought it odd that I was able to get a mileage upgrade on a flight with so few BF seats available. I grabbed it and now I'm glad I did. I suspect they were starting to make changes to the system at that time.

I guess this is going to be a daily check to make sure everything is still ok. Or, they can pre-bump us, for the right compensation
Hey Mary,

Your comments resonated with me a bit and has engendered the following question: Do you know if CO has ever reneged on F award seats? My girlfriend and I now have F seats on CO 1/CO 2 IAH-HNL r/t via standard mileage reward tix and I'm wondering if "what the reward god giveth, the reward god can taketh away".......

Thanks,

Jeff
Old Jul 5, 10, 11:38 am

Originally Posted by controller1 View Post
^ +1
Indeed, sir....we Looziana folks have to stick together in the face of adversity!

Hope you had a nice Fourth up in AEX (we certainly did down here in LFT - the steaks and wine were fantastic) and also hope to see you in the IAH PC one of these fine days.....^
Old Jul 5, 10, 12:14 pm

Originally Posted by smitopher View Post

They do rotate the 76Hs amongst IAH and EWR, sometimes even on certain days of the week. For awhile the aircraft for EWR-HNL originated from MAD and it was almost always in CO Mic configuration.

Search this Thread