Programs: AA-PLT Pro 1.9 MM, Hyatt-Explorer, Marriott-Gold, Super 8--Formica
Originally Posted by msv
That's not too bad under the circumstances here and you have the lovely seats^
So very comfy.
Old Jan 27, 2011, 10:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UALCO Holdings General Member
Originally Posted by sdm1130
I have no German connections at all and I think the comment is extremely . Talk about ignorance...
Father: Tell me your sins, my son.

Jerry: Well I should tell you that I'm Jewish.

Father: That's no sin.

Jerry: Oh good. Anyway, I wanted to talk to you about Dr. Whatley. I have a suspicion that he's converted to Judaism just for the jokes.

Father: And this offends you as a Jewish person.

Jerry: No, it offends me as a comedian. And it'll interest you that he's also telling Catholic jokes.
Old Jan 27, 2011, 10:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Under the Liberty Visual to 27L at PHL. Stranger in a strange land - a Devils fan in Flyers country.
Programs: PWP Le Chancelier des Clefs d'Or || Sarcasm, Anti-Stupidity, Obscure References top tier member.
Originally Posted by mnmag
You might want to take some arnica!@:-)
Must see if I can find it.
Old Jan 27, 2011, 10:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by rolov
Father: Tell me your sins, my son.

Jerry: Well I should tell you that I'm Jewish.

Father: That's no sin.

Jerry: Oh good. Anyway, I wanted to talk to you about Dr. Whatley. I have a suspicion that he's converted to Judaism just for the jokes.

Father: And this offends you as a Jewish person.

Jerry: No, it offends me as a comedian. And it'll interest you that he's also telling Catholic jokes.
PostLocked. Check is in the mail.
Old Jan 27, 2011, 10:38 am

Programs: AA Plt, Marriott Gold, National EE, Hertz PC, El Mambero De Mucci, PWP Aide to Generalissimo Godot
Originally Posted by Trustguy
So very comfy.
Which of the lovely 762 J Seats did you get?
Old Jan 27, 2011, 10:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Under the Liberty Visual to 27L at PHL. Stranger in a strange land - a Devils fan in Flyers country.
Programs: PWP Le Chancelier des Clefs d'Or || Sarcasm, Anti-Stupidity, Obscure References top tier member.
Originally Posted by theblakefish
Are you kidding me? I don't fall into that category, but their is...well.... Looks like I will have to add one of my favorite fast-food joints to my Auntie Anne's banned list....
Just out of curiosity, do you not eat Domino's either?
Old Jan 27, 2011, 10:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: A menace to everything in the sky. Yes. Even birds.
Programs: Eh+ Rapid Rolleyes
Originally Posted by mwg25
OK. We were joking the other night that if it ended up actually only being the two of us, we'd each have our own FA and should ask them to play bridge. Or if it ended up being 3/8 full, that we hoped that the third person was cool and wanted to talk to us.
Canada and I were the 2 of 3 EWR - MUC last summer on the a346.
The third guy was a (we saw him carrying on in the lounge) so that was that. Service was Lufty efficient.

On our LX flight from ZRH - DXB we were the only two in F and had spectacular service from a team of 4.

And then on EK we were 2 of 4 (the other two were continuing on to Colombo) in J. The EK staff rushed through the service (food was terrible), yelled at us for switching seats, and ate the fruit tray themselves without offering it to us - which would have been just about the only edible thing in the entire service.

It can be really hit or miss.
Old Jan 27, 2011, 10:42 am

Programs: Alas, the Gravy Train Hath Ended...just happy to be an OW Sapphire and a ST Ivory...whatever
Originally Posted by ConciergeMike
Just out of curiosity, do you not eat Domino's either?
I try not too....just because I am getting fat...are they in the same boat of ?
Old Jan 27, 2011, 10:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I try not too....just because I am getting fat...are they in the same boat of ?
Sort of. The guy who owned Domino's bought a bunch of land in Central Florida and was moving pizza profits into the creation of a super-rigid private Catholic community. Plans for this have since faded from the spotlight, but he did manage to get an ABA-accredited law school and faith-based mutual funds opened.

ETA: Further reading indicates that the Catholic city project contracted with Pulte Homes to do most of the private homes. Pulte got outed last year as a major user of illegal immigrant labor. I guess it's a miracle.
Old Jan 27, 2011, 10:53 am

Programs: Alas, the Gravy Train Hath Ended...just happy to be an OW Sapphire and a ST Ivory...whatever
Sort of. The guy who owned Domino's bought a bunch of land in Central Florida and was moving pizza profits into the creation of a super-rigid private Catholic community. Plans for this have since faded from the spotlight, but he did manage to get an ABA-accredited law school and faith-based mutual funds opened.

ETA: Further reading indicates that the Catholic city project contracted with Pulte Homes to do most of the private homes. Pulte got outed last year as a major user of illegal immigrant labor. I guess it's a miracle.
Ugh....sounds like Celebration, FL...very Truman Show-esque....

Going to run and watch Anthony Bourdain on TV while sweating....
Old Jan 27, 2011, 10:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: A menace to everything in the sky. Yes. Even birds.
Programs: Eh+ Rapid Rolleyes
Sort of. The guy who owned Domino's bought a bunch of land in Central Florida and was moving pizza profits into the creation of a super-rigid private Catholic community.
That's completely different.

I just don't understand why companies and elected officials feel the need to tell others how to live their life. This world would be better off if anyone was free to do whatever they wanted, as long as it didn't harm/impact others and everything was consensual.

There is no right or wrong way to live your life. Why folks can't accept that is beyond me.
Old Jan 27, 2011, 10:58 am

Programs: UA and SPG are the two primary ones these days
Ultimate Airline Livery Challenge

I'm sure most of you would kill it. I only know one for sure...
Old Jan 27, 2011, 10:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Ugh....sounds like Celebration, FL...very Truman Show-esque....

Going to run and watch Anthony Bourdain on TV while sweating....
Celebration had its first murder in 14 years not long ago. This news led me to wonder on Facebook if the crime scene tape used by the Celebration PD had little Mickey Mouse head logos on it.

Originally Posted by belynch

I just don't understand why companies and elected officials feel the need to tell others how to live their life. This world would be better off if anyone was free to do whatever they wanted, as long as it didn't harm/impact others and everything was consensual.

There is no right or wrong way to live your life. Why folks can't accept that is beyond me.
The problem with what you espouse (and I agree with you, by the way) is that such a system requires faith in humanity at large. Don't know about you, but mine isn't returning anytime soon.
Old Jan 27, 2011, 11:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: National Executive Elite, none of the others matter

You're beginning to sound like me.
Old Jan 27, 2011, 11:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Plat

See I sort of disagree. Chick-fil-a isn't saying all employees have to be straight or something, their charitable arm simply has terms applied to it. Chick-fil-a made the money and is spending it how they see fit. If people disagree with the cause or the terms, then don't eat there.

When you start telling individuals and companies for that matter, how to be charitable and what constitutes fair, then you've done nothing but substitute one person's freedom for another person's.

And so end my time in OMNI/PR

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.