Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Continental introduces Specialty Cocktails

Search this Thread

Old Aug 4, 2011, 8:14 pm

Programs: AA EXP, SPG Ambassador/Plat, Hyatt Diamond
I just got off a flight in Domestic First on CO and didn't see the notation in Hemispheres (CO Version) that there was a charge for specialty cocktails. Actually, I don't remember them even being listed as a drink option in Hemispheres. Anyone else notice this?
Old Aug 4, 2011, 8:20 pm

Programs: OZ Diamond, UA Gold
Originally Posted by Cuse44
I just got off a flight in Domestic First on CO and didn't see the notation in Hemispheres (CO Version) that there was a charge for specialty cocktails. Actually, I don't remember them even being listed as a drink option in Hemispheres. Anyone else notice this?

I've noticed the same thing on the website.
Old Aug 4, 2011, 10:29 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
It's been this way since the products were announced - all cabins pay for the specialty drink mixers. Y pays for the alcohol that accompanies these high-fructose corn syrup disgusting abominations, while F gets the alcohol component for free.
Old Aug 5, 2011, 12:30 am

Programs: AA EXP, SPG Ambassador/Plat, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by bocastephen
It's been this way since the products were announced - all cabins pay for the specialty drink mixers. Y pays for the alcohol that accompanies these high-fructose corn syrup disgusting abominations, while F gets the alcohol component for free.
I know how it has been. What I am saying is that the August edition of Hemispheres (CO Version) doesn't have the specialty cocktails listed in it anywhere.
Old Aug 5, 2011, 12:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA, LY, BA, AA
On my EWR-FLL flight, I was told they serve it, but only on international flights. On my EWR-TLV flight, I was told they only serve it on domestic flights.

Will they have specialty cocktails on my EWR-TLV at the end of August? I have drink chits that I want to use!
Old Aug 5, 2011, 9:28 am

They're being phased out. You'll see them around until inventory is burned off. No surprise---I've sold maybe 5 since they were introduced.
Old Aug 5, 2011, 9:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 2MM; AS MVP Gold 75K
Originally Posted by pptp
They're being phased out. You'll see them around until inventory is burned off. No surprise---I've sold maybe 5 since they were introduced.

Great news! If CO couldn't afford to give these drinks to premium passengers without charging them $2, they shouldn't have had them in the first place.

Sad that this ridiculous practice lasted this long, but at least it's finally been remedied. It's good to see that UA was able to get them to revisit this and correct this misstep.
Old Aug 5, 2011, 10:09 am

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott BonVoy LT Titanium Elite, National Executive Elite
I don't think it had anything to do with them charging for it. They just didn't sell. I tried the mojito mixer - it was nothing to write home about, and had high fructose corn syrup in it.

I agree, however, that they should have been free in F.

I'm getting ready to fly PMUA to HNL at the end of the month. Are the mai tais served in F decent?
Old Aug 5, 2011, 12:24 pm

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by Sulley
I don't think it had anything to do with them charging for it. They just didn't sell. I tried the mojito mixer - it was nothing to write home about, and had high fructose corn syrup in it.

I agree, however, that they should have been free in F.
There's an old joke: uh, two elderly women are at a Catskills mountain resort, and one of 'em says, "Boy, the food at this place is really terrible." The other one says, "Yeah, I know, and such small portions."

Originally Posted by Sulley
I'm getting ready to fly PMUA to HNL at the end of the month. Are the mai tais served in F decent?
I like them. See discussion at http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...s-mai-tai.html.
Old Aug 5, 2011, 11:22 pm

Programs: DL DM MM, Hyatt LT Globalist, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by pptp
Sad to hear this- I actually liked the mojito mix... it was a nice alternative.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.