AC Awards on CO.com

Old Jun 28, 2010, 9:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA Plat, lots of AA, AS, DL, UA miles, former top level CO Elite (sigh...)
AC Awards on CO.com

I've been searching for reward tickets on CO.com for the following routing: LFT-IAH-YYZ-BGI. Note that CO currently does not serve BGI; however, AC and US do. My preference is COEx between LFT-IAH and then AC for the rest of the segments. Travel would occur during April, 2011. This itinerary requires an RON in YYZ on both the outbound and inbound. We have not nailed down our specific travel dates yet and thus have some flexibility.

About half the time (depending on specific dates), CO.com displays the AC flights I'm looking for with the RON in YYZ with standard reward front cabin availability.

However, when I change the dates, I then get a message stating in effect that CO does not serve the route and I should call. No flights are displayed when this happens.

Anyone familiar with this situation?
Old Jun 28, 2010, 10:38 am

Programs: DL BA Amex
It might be that AC doesn't have availability that day, and since CO doesn't serve the destination you get that message.

try calling CO... maybe they can find seats that don't show on CO.com

BTW... I just returned from FRA on AC in the front cabin, (Executive Class they call it) and it was very nice. The privacy of the seat pods is fantastic. The food was good, but the AVOD selection was only fair.
Old Jun 28, 2010, 10:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA Plat, lots of AA, AS, DL, UA miles, former top level CO Elite (sigh...)
Originally Posted by bajrbajr
It might be that AC doesn't have availability that day, and since CO doesn't serve the destination you get that message.

try calling CO... maybe they can find seats that don't show on CO.com

BTW... I just returned from FRA on AC in the front cabin, (Executive Class they call it) and it was very nice. The privacy of the seat pods is fantastic. The food was good, but the AVOD selection was only fair.
Thanks. I'm trying to get us on the AC 763 flights between YYZ and BGI as this aircraft is configured with the Executive Class seats.
Old Jun 28, 2010, 2:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 2MM; AS MVP Gold 75K
Originally Posted by bajrbajr
It might be that AC doesn't have availability that day
Either that, or AC doesn't even serve BGI that day. Some of these destinations can be a bit more difficult to get simply because schedules aren't great.

I needed specific dates to BGI a couple years ago and ended up having to burn AA miles as a last resort after checking SkyTeam and Star first, both of wihch had either no flights or no availability.
Old Jun 28, 2010, 3:39 pm

Programs: Non-Rev Lifetime
Originally Posted by channa
Either that, or AC doesn't even serve BGI that day. Some of these destinations can be a bit more difficult to get simply because schedules aren't great.

I needed specific dates to BGI a couple years ago and ended up having to burn AA miles as a last resort after checking SkyTeam and Star first, both of wihch had either no flights or no availability.
AC966 YYZ-BGI is daily year-round.

What might be happening is switching between shoulder season aircraft.

B763 in winter, A319 in summer.

April (October too) is famous for that.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.