Wiki Posts
Search

Chase CO 25,000 bonus w/ checking sign-up

Search this Thread

Old Jun 23, 2010, 12:24 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AAdvantage, United MileagePlus, Alaska MileagePlan, Marriott Rewards
Chase CO 25,000 bonus w/ checking sign-up

Hi, sorry if this is a repost but I cant seem to find it in my searches...

but i have a question about the 25,000 miles with chase checking and CO debit card promo...

the promotion offers state that this is not available for those with existing chase checking accounts, but does that apply to wamu-converted accts too?

i only have a chase free extra checking which was wamu-converted account. am i eligible for this offer?

thanks for the help!
Old Jun 23, 2010, 1:36 pm

Programs: MileagePlus 1K, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Titanium/Lifetime Plat
Originally Posted by bylin2000
Hi, sorry if this is a repost but I cant seem to find it in my searches...

but i have a question about the 25,000 miles with chase checking and CO debit card promo...

the promotion offers state that this is not available for those with existing chase checking accounts, but does that apply to wamu-converted accts too?

i only have a chase free extra checking which was wamu-converted account. am i eligible for this offer?

thanks for the help!
Interesting...I just saw that language too. It must be new because this was not the case before. In fact, I just opened another Chase checking account to get the 25K miles (I am an existing Chase checking customer) and did not notice this language until you pointed it out just now. I have not seen anything post yet but I suspect that it may not post due to this added language.

In terms of your question, I am not entirely sure. I think you are probably not eligible since your account is technically a Chase account. I am positive that Chase bankers will also not know the answer unless you somehow escalate it to their legal department that actually wrote this language.
Old Jun 23, 2010, 2:39 pm

Programs: HHonors Diamond, SPG Platinum
I'd guess that you're eligible as long as you don't already have the CO checking account open. The fine print at the bottom mentions an minimum opening deposit of $100 of new money (money not already with chase).
Old Jun 23, 2010, 4:55 pm
Suspended

thats why I 1st closed up my acct I opened last Nov before opening my new acct

I am on a joint acct but not as the Primary acct holder, I wil let everyone know (if I remember) if that prevented me from getting the 25k. I did get the tracking papers from the banker

And yesterday went out and did my 5 Debit transactions so now only time will tell the what the outcome will be

I did get checks sent to me and charged for them even thou the banker who set up the acct siad he didnt request any. No harm the $$ are back in my acct and the checks are by Chase
Old Jun 23, 2010, 7:51 pm

Originally Posted by craz
thats why I 1st closed up my acct I opened last Nov before opening my new acct

I am on a joint acct but not as the Primary acct holder, I wil let everyone know (if I remember) if that prevented me from getting the 25k. I did get the tracking papers from the banker

And yesterday went out and did my 5 Debit transactions so now only time will tell the what the outcome will be

I did get checks sent to me and charged for them even thou the banker who set up the acct siad he didnt request any. No harm the $$ are back in my acct and the checks are by Chase
I also got the tracking papers even though I already had one checking account open. I will give it the stated time for the miles to post and then contact CO and see what happens...
Old Jun 23, 2010, 8:26 pm

I have two Chase Checking Accounts and I only see a 2,500 Bonus posted for the Debit Card but no 25,000...Odd...I'll update everyone as it's been 2 months now.
Old Jun 23, 2010, 8:36 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by vdostoi1
I also got the tracking papers even though I already had one checking account open. I will give it the stated time for the miles to post and then contact CO and see what happens...
what does CO have to do with this, they arent giving us the Miles, Chase is.

You will need to deal with Chase NO Customer Service and you think that CO We Dont Care is bad, just U wait till U need to deal with Chase Hopefully U wont have to
Old Jun 24, 2010, 2:26 am

Originally Posted by usa18dca
I have two Chase Checking Accounts and I only see a 2,500 Bonus posted for the Debit Card but no 25,000...Odd...I'll update everyone as it's been 2 months now.
I hope you have kept all your paperwork around. I decided to do the same promo and opened a checking account a couple of weeks ago. When I mentioned the "CO 25k promo" the banker was unaware of it and showed me a chart with debit cards and the CO one would earn 2,500 miles. In the end I had him google the promo and he found it and enrolled me for it. Maybe your banker messed up and you're only getting the 2,500 miles you'd get if it weren't for the promo?
Old Jun 24, 2010, 2:33 am

Originally Posted by koroleon
I hope you have kept all your paperwork around. I decided to do the same promo and opened a checking account a couple of weeks ago. When I mentioned the "CO 25k promo" the banker was unaware of it and showed me a chart with debit cards and the CO one would earn 2,500 miles. In the end I had him google the promo and he found it and enrolled me for it. Maybe your banker messed up and you're only getting the 2,500 miles you'd get if it weren't for the promo?
I signed up for the new account online so I have the documentation...if I don't get anything by August I will call Chase...Trying to infuse my account to get about 50k RDM for a RTW in F before UA/CO merges the FFP and adopts the UA rates of 400k in F!!!!! CO is A STEAL AT 280K!
Old Jun 24, 2010, 1:48 pm
RNE

Originally Posted by koroleon
There was a coupon I printed out and took with me to get the 25,000 mile checking deal.
Old Jun 24, 2010, 7:35 pm

Remember to get the printout of the offer tied to your CO FF number.

They have sometimes "forgetten" the second 12.5k.

The last 2.5k can take much much longer than the rest as it comes from CO and not from Chase.
Old Jun 27, 2010, 10:23 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Gold,IHG Plat Amb, CC Gold, Kimpton IC, United, AA, BA, Amtrak G.R.
i used a printout i made a few weeks but didnt sign up until yesterday. the printout i turned in to chase had the old language. i wonder if i will still get the full 25,000, as i am already a chase checking account customer...?

do you think they will count it as the date i started the account or the actual offer that i turned into the bank when i went in??
Old Jun 27, 2010, 10:31 pm
Moderator: Avis and Rental Cars

Originally Posted by musikdude
i used a printout i made a few weeks but didnt sign up until yesterday. the printout i turned in to chase had the old language. i wonder if i will still get the full 25,000, as i am already a chase checking account customer...?

do you think they will count it as the date i started the account or the actual offer that i turned into the bank when i went in??
Did you keep a copy of your printout? Did it have an expiration date on it? If "yes" and "no" were your answers, you should be golden, but it might take a few phone calls to Chase to get your miles. Otherwise, cross your fingers. While they should go by what you actually took to the bank, without proof, it might be difficult to get them to do what they should.
Old Jul 19, 2010, 8:55 am

Programs: UA, AA
When you apply for a checking account online, do you have to open "Chase Checking" or can you open "Chase Better Checking" instead? I think it might be easier to keep $1,500 there rather than making five debit purchases each month.
Old Jul 19, 2010, 11:32 am

Originally Posted by usa18dca
Though I already had a joint checking account that was open, I have so far received 22,500 in my OnePass account. Still waiting for the remaining 2,500 to post.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.