Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Chase CO 25,000 bonus w/ checking sign-up

Search this Thread

Old Aug 24, 2010, 5:41 am

Originally Posted by nwflyboy
Yee-haw. I've been waiting for this (just checked again late last night, and was disappointed yet again to see it had not been updated then). Just printed my coupon and will pick up $500 for deposit later this week.

Giddyup!
Folks should note that there is still unclear language in the certificate and the T&Cs for the business checking account.

I want to re-read them this morning but my quick survey yesterday saw that it says in one place that one use of the debit card earns the miles, while in another place it says five uses, which is the rule on a personal account.

Also, the area for the second batch of bonus miles still says that to earn them, you can't have another checking account at Chase. I'm going to have to figure out what this means for a business app and what to do about it.
Old Aug 24, 2010, 3:19 pm

Programs: AA Plt, Marriott Gold, National EE, Hertz PC, El Mambero De Mucci, PWP Aide to Generalissimo Godot
Sad to say that for the info I posted, not a single FT'er stopped by to open the account for the miles
Old Aug 24, 2010, 3:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

New Business Account Link

I confess that I haven't followed too closely, but it seems that people have been looking for an updated link to a business account for 25K that expires in September. I found this:

https://www.chase.com/ccp/index.jsp?...&ID=0000009898

which generates a coupon expiring 9/30.

Hope that helps someone!
Old Aug 24, 2010, 3:59 pm

I just applied for my checking account today. I have to wait 5-7 days for the debit card. The debit card costs $25 per year and I have to make 5 debits on it a month to keep free checking.

As soon as I get my points and the 90 days is up I will close this account.
Old Aug 24, 2010, 5:53 pm

Originally Posted by deadmeat
I just applied for my checking account today. I have to wait 5-7 days for the debit card. The debit card costs $25 per year and I have to make 5 debits on it a month to keep free checking.

I'm getting quite the runaround from Chase right now on the phone to get my 25,000 Miles...
Old Aug 24, 2010, 9:28 pm

Programs: Northwest, United

deadmeat - I'm pretty sure the minimum requirement for their accounts is 6 months, not 90 days. You'll want to double-check to be sure they don't claw the miles back.
Old Aug 24, 2010, 9:30 pm

Programs: Northwest, United
Originally Posted by El_Chiflero
Sad to say that for the info I posted, not a single FT'er stopped by to open the account for the miles
El_Chiflero, if I wasn't 3000 miles away, I would have.

Can you open accounts over the phone?
Old Aug 24, 2010, 11:05 pm

How did you make your min. deposit of $100? I went to the atm machine and put in 200$. Is that fine? Thanks
Old Aug 25, 2010, 1:29 pm

Programs: AA Plt, Marriott Gold, National EE, Hertz PC, El Mambero De Mucci, PWP Aide to Generalissimo Godot
Originally Posted by nwflyboy
El_Chiflero, if I wasn't 3000 miles away, I would have.

Can you open accounts over the phone?
California, Oregon and Washington are very tricky. Normally I could just come to your house on "MR" and open the account. But in your case, it's not possible.
Old Aug 25, 2010, 1:40 pm

California, Oregon and Washington are very tricky. Normally I could just come to your house on "MR" and open the account. But in your case, it's not possible.
I'm having issues with getting the 25,000 Miles...Chase Banking said they can't do anything but Chase Liaisons can...ARGHHHH
Old Aug 25, 2010, 1:47 pm

Originally Posted by usa18dca
I'm having issues with getting the 25,000 Miles...Chase Banking said they can't do anything but Chase Liaisons can...ARGHHHH
Somebody should have taken the Acela train...

As long as everything is submitted correctly, the coupon does infact go through. the 15,000 Mile portion takes 6-8 weeks...and unfortunately, us FT'ers are not the patient type.
Old Aug 25, 2010, 1:52 pm

Programs: AA, Continental, Virgin, Southwest
Originally Posted by Mountain Trader

Also, the area for the second batch of bonus miles still says that to earn them, you can't have another checking account at Chase. I'm going to have to figure out what this means for a business app and what to do about it.
Both my wife and I opened up (2) personal and (2) business accounts (1 each respectively) and we obtained 100,000 miles plus what we had earned from our flight to/from Hawaii and the 35k we received from the Chase Onepass Mastercard.

Long story short, I had no problems opening up 2 accounts (nor did my wife) even though we had a grandfathered WaMu account that was transferred to Chase after their merger. This was in D/FW Texas.

P.S. Chase/Continental is footing most of our bill when we fly into Rome for a 5 country tour thanks to these promotions.
Old Aug 25, 2010, 2:56 pm

Somebody should have taken the Acela train...

As long as everything is submitted correctly, the coupon does infact go through. the 15,000 Mile portion takes 6-8 weeks...and unfortunately, us FT'ers are not the patient type.
i already signup but i'd like my wife to get her own account as well. We are located in Bergen, Paramus NJ.
Old Aug 25, 2010, 10:31 pm

Though the buisness account with all its terms and conditions is far from a great deal I opened one yesterday as the enviroment out there to get 25,000 miles is narrow.
Old Aug 26, 2010, 8:47 am

Originally Posted by srd4484
i already signup but i'd like my wife to get her own account as well. We are located in Bergen, Paramus NJ.
I'm in Upper Manhattan. PM me so we can set up an appointment

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.