Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Continental OnePass (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

Help -- Strange 65,000 mile reward for JFK-TLV

Old Jun 19, 2010, 2:10 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA MM PL /AA/DL PL/LY GL

I just booked an award ticket for an associate who needs to go to TLV for several months.

The ticket is a CO award but the flights are JFK-IST-TLV on Turkish and TLV-FRA-EWR on Lufthansa.

For whatever reason, the mileage charge was only 65,000 miles. The phone operator could not explain why. According to everything that I know, there is no way to get an award from the USA to TLV for less than 75K. The confirmation email listed the award as 65,000/SC7-SC10.

Does anyone have any idea what that means? There is a good chance that my colleague is going to have to change the return portion. Is this going to spell trouble when he tries doing so? If anyone has any information on this mysterious ticket or simply knows what SC7-SC10 means, I'd appreciate your insight. Thanks.
Old Jun 19, 2010, 2:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 2MM; AS MVP Gold 75K
Starting a new thread on FT about a bug on what's one of the more heavily-monitored airline boards is a sure-fire way to get the bug closed up.

No need to worry about it, though. Earlier this year, CO began being able to alter the award charge without losing the reservation. So you can make any change to it, if it's more or fewer miles, they'll just redeposit and re-charge you the new amount.
Old Jun 19, 2010, 2:48 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP 2MM; Marriott Titanium; Hilton Diamond; Vistana Chairman
Has it ticketed already or did you just get a confirmation of the reservation? If it hasn't ticketed, there's a good chance it will be caught prior to ticketing if it is in error.
Old Jun 19, 2010, 3:04 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

S = Saver
C = Coach (B = Biz; F = First)
7 = Reward series. Series 7 is USA - Europe.

Is there a stop in IST? If so it might be pricing as a USA - Turkey outbound and Israel - USA on the return and the segment from IST to TLV a freebie for the stopover.

Even if there isn't a stopover that's what I'm guessing it is pricing.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.