Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Continental OnePass (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

EUA Issues With Multi-Segment, Same Flight Number

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 11, 2010, 10:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Location: A festering pit; a pustule of a fistula set athwart the miasmic swamps of the armpit of the Gulf of Mexico - a Godforsaken wart upon a dark crevasse of the World. (IAH)
Programs: UA Lifetime Gold, BA Silver, Marriott Lifetime Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Gold

Checked my IAH-SEA-ANC this morning on the pda site after checking in, to discover that I was not on the EUA list for SEA-ANC. Apparently, this is a recurrent issue on flights that have a single flight number, but involve multiple segments. My understanding of the issue is that you are only placed on the EUA list for the first segment, and will not clear an EUA for all segments unless the first segment also clears.

After multiple calls to CO, I finally obtained a representative that was knowledgeable about the issue, who then split the reservation (which generally will fix the issue, as I understand it). Unfortunately, this resulted in me being dropped from the EUA list on both segments. After a few more calls to CO, I have been informed by multiple agents that there is nothing they can do, and that only airport personnel will be able to add me back to the EUA lists.

CO IT fail.
Old Jun 11, 2010, 11:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: A menace to everything in the sky. Yes. Even birds.
Programs: Eh+ Rapid Rolleyes
Originally Posted by Anglo Large Clawed Otter
CO IT fail.
ALCO, please call 800.575.3335 and they will fix this issue for you. :-:
Old Jun 11, 2010, 12:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Location: A festering pit; a pustule of a fistula set athwart the miasmic swamps of the armpit of the Gulf of Mexico - a Godforsaken wart upon a dark crevasse of the World. (IAH)
Programs: UA Lifetime Gold, BA Silver, Marriott Lifetime Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Gold
Originally Posted by belynch
My kennel is now towards the front of the cargo hold. :-:^
Old Jun 11, 2010, 12:13 pm

Programs: AA PLT
Originally Posted by belynch
Originally Posted by Anglo Large Clawed Otter
My kennel is now towards the front of the cargo hold. :-:^
Priceless!
Old Jun 11, 2010, 1:00 pm

Programs: UA LT 1K, AA EXP, Bonvoy LT Titan, Avis PC, Hilton Gold
This has been extensively discussed in the CO forum for a number a years. Surprised you missed it.

You need to call CO and have it split before the 5 day window opens. May require additional $ with additional taxes (but minimal).
Old Jun 11, 2010, 1:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by cjgibson
Priceless!
There's a reason why CO doesn't put ALCO upfront. Don't any of you remember the last time he got the upgrade?

(CO's Y seat is small enough to keep the kennel pushed tightly into the seat)

http://www.kwtx.com/home/headlines/79993792.html

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.